+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default minimal pain/discomfort at 35 weeks

hi ladies

just checking in to see if this seems normal. I seem to be too comfy/not in enough pain/discomfort for the stage of pregnancy I'm in.

I know that prob sounds weird lol, but I keep reading of people unable to sleep, unable to get comfy, rib or back pain etc. for the most part, I'm feeling pretty good. is this normal!?

sleeping isn't as comfortable as it was pre-pregnancy for sure, but I'm not waking up 59 million times a night either and am feeling pretty rested overall.

I'm not getting kicks/jabs to my ribs (apart from a random few some weeks ago) and am generally not feeling too breathless or short of breath (unless I over exert myself). I'm not excessively hot nor am I sweating like a crazy thing.

my main complaint is getting tired more easily than usual and getting cranky/irrational. I can be moody but even so, I feel like compared to how bad I know I can potentially get mood-wise, I'm still not in top gear. generally I feel pretty relaxed and chilled out.

I'm getting a lot of bub movement and pressure down low so I'm not concerned about lack of movement.

I just feel like from everything I've heard/read/my expectations on pregnancy, that I should be having a rougher go of it and feeling worse.

is it normal/possible to get through it and still feel "ok" ?

I still have 5 weeks to go, I know this could all change so I should prob enjoy it while it lasts 😂

just wondering if anyone else didn't have the usual onslaught of pregnancy symptoms at this stage? and did it stay that way right up to delivery or did things get worse as you got bigger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would think it's completely normal providing movement is still regular I would enjoy the minimal discomfort

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my daughter at the end of 36 weeks and I was pretty comfortable right through (and I had a huge tummy!) just some reflux at night and bit of a waddle walk. But never had the feeling of 'I'm so uncomfortable I can't wait for baby to be born'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was feeling great with both my pregnancies until they were both born at 40+3. I didn't have trouble walking, sleeping, maybe just eating too much and bending over. I had no swelling, and both were January babies so it was hot. I went on the trampoline with DD1 2 days before I had DD2.

Enjoy feeling good! I think we're the lucky ones.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default minimal pain/discomfort at 35 weeks

I'm another one that enjoyed pregnancy and felt great with both my daughters. Could go all night without peeing, no ms, no swelling of feet etc. I think a lot depends on baby's position too. Both my babies were 6 days overdue, and I was continuing with my normal active life with walking and shopping and cleaning up till they were born.

Enjoy not long now!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Half your luck lol...I am 34 weeks tomorrow and get so uncomfortable when trying to sleep. My bub isn't a big kicker but I just don't sleep well...I'm jealous lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was like that in my first pregnancy. Apart from the inconvenience of a bump I had no real pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. From memory I did have a bit of sleeplessness later on but it was more waking up unable to stop thinking etc.
    It doesn't mean anything is wrong.

This time round I am more aware of movements and I was told bub has more room to move so hence the move violent rolling and kicking etc. I don't have any hip or back pain just don't like sitting for long as I carry quite high (which also means reflux is more common).

Enjoy not feeling horrid and enjoy relatively uninterrupted sleep while you still can 😂. Come week 40 you might just feel differently... 😉

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feel too much discomfort with my first. Yes, I had insomnia but I have a history so that isn't entirely blamed on pregnancy. I akso never had issues with picking stuff off the floor, back/pelvic pain or even RLP or BH.

My second has more niggles but still isn't too terrible.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had terrible pain and constant suffering through most of my pregnancy, until about 38 weeks, then comfortably breezed through the last 3. It was kind of bizarre, but I guess it is possible to be heavily pregnant and not feel bad!
    Enjoy it, lucky!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    With my first, I was induced at 39+4 and I felt really good. Bit of lower back pain but apart from that all good.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post: