+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Booked my first ever proper hair dresser appointment! Is for next week. Excited, nervous, gosh how much is it going to cost?!

I just finished reading an article on fbook about someone that had a $450 hairdressing bill. As this hairdresser was recommended to me by a close friend (who I know would never spend that kind of money on hair), I'm pretty confident it won't cost that much... But still a bit nervous. I know it varies greatly but what do people pay for a cut & colour? I have medium-long length hair - just below my shoulders. It's not in bad condition, I had a trim and foils before xmas so about 6-8 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think anywhere between $120-$200 is your average price. I love my hairdresser appointments. It's the only time I get to myself so I cherish them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shells85 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Booked my first ever proper hair dresser appointment! Is for next week. Excited, nervous, gosh how much is it going to cost?!

I just finished reading an article on fbook about someone that had a $450 hairdressing bill. As this hairdresser was recommended to me by a close friend (who I know would never spend that kind of money on hair), I'm pretty confident it won't cost that much... But still a bit nervous. I know it varies greatly but what do people pay for a cut & colour? I have medium-long length hair - just below my shoulders. It's not in bad condition, I had a trim and foils before xmas so about 6-8 weeks ago.
    it won't cost that much.

when I had extensions, I'd go in every 6-8 weeks to get them lifted and the removal/retaping of the extensions, plus my usual treatment of foils (half head) and a cut and blow wave was usually around the $300 mark tops. and this was a "cool" salon in a ritzy area.

for $450 I'd expect Maurice Meade himself to be doing my hair 😂

my usual hair bill is around the $180 mark. I don't have the extensions anymore so it's just a trim (my hair is pretty conservative, just a shoulder length bob really) and either a half head or full head of foils. as I'm usually just going home straight after, I skip the blow dry to save a bit of money. they prob think I'm scabby but I don't care. I'm not paying $35 or whatever it costs when I'm just going home after lol.

I get mine done about every 7-8 weeks these days. it's not cheap but I like my hair to feel fresh and updated. it's very fine so if I let it go, it really shows.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I had my major makeover it was $308 for cut, full head of highlights and a treatment. This was an upmarket salon though and done by their most senior stylists which pushed the price up. Cut was $110, colour $170 and $28 for treatment. Most I've ever paid for a hair appointment. Worth.every.cent 😀

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you're a bit concerned it's going to be really pricey, a good way of getting a hair makeover at a good set price is buying a package from somewhere like Groupon.

I've done this a couple of times and received great prices (I paid about $70 for shampoo/style cut/blow-dry/half head of foils/treatment). Decent salons too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys I'm not too worried, I had said to DH it would probably be about $200 but that was a guesstimate and he was happy for me to spend that, so don't think he would freak unless it was getting up to $300 mark. I don't live in a ritzy area and the salon I am going to isn't either - it's young and stylish but not OTT. I'll ask them for a quote when we're discussing styles too just to make sure I'm not in for a shock 😂

I'm not even sure my DH will be home the evening I get it done!

Still a bit worried about what mum will say but honestly asking her to do my hair atm is out of the question as she's got a lot on. Hopefully she will understand I just didn't want to add to her list of stuff to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I am sure your mum will be fine

My cousin posted a photo on Facebook of her hair, and I loved it, she had just had it done, and she went to pay, and was told it was $450. I nearly bloody died lol....I looove going to the hair dressers, but that's a bit too much for me.

I got a quote while I was out today, for a style cut, a few foils and a blow dry and that was $160, even DP said he could live with that price lol...So I will make an appointment for after I have had the baby. i am going to keep my length, my hair is just past my shoulders. Looking forward to it, it's long over due.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was tossing up suggesting taking your mum in with you and shouting her to a blow wave or something at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I was tossing up suggesting taking your mum in with you and shouting her to a blow wave or something at the same time?
    Oh gosh 😂. I love the idea - Only my mum will absolutely not have anyone - and I mean anyone - touch her hair!!
    She and I are very different people. I once shouted her a day spa voucher for her bday and found out it's her idea of hell. I've also tried taking her to a nice restaurant for lunch etc and she literally begged me not to take her (she'd rather the local pub/bowls club). Sigh. We have very little in common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    my mum is a bit the same way. she's improved in recent years but hates anything luxe or fancy or fussy. I think it gives her anxiety.

we def weren't even the mother/daughter team you'd see down the local nail salon getting our nails done together. pretty sure she thinks what I spend on pampering is a waste of money.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post: