+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default School shoes

Were is everyone purchasing them from ...
    I looking at not too cheap but also not over the top. ..in price ..???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since my girls have been at school (4 years now) we have always bought Clarks shoes which are normally around the $100-$120 mark. This year however, I bought Grosby's from Payless shoes which were $40 each but as there was a buy 1 get the other half price I got both pairs for $60. My daughters say they are comfy & they are a nice design. I personally didn't want to cough up the $100+ price tag this year when my daughters like to wear their joggers a couple of times a week. So we bought a less expensive school shoe & got them really good joggers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought my kids' school shoes from 'Shoes & Sox'. They have a great range. I bought Clarks at about $120 a pair, but they had cheaper pairs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This year, we went for leather Grosby at Payless too. The deal was too goid to pass up. Got sneakers there too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds starts school this year and I got him airflex shoes from betts kids for $65

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shells85 View Post
    Since my girls have been at school (4 years now) we have always bought Clarks shoes which are normally around the $100-$120 mark. This year however, I bought Grosby's from Payless shoes which were $40 each but as there was a buy 1 get the other half price I got both pairs for $60. My daughters say they are comfy & they are a nice design. I personally didn't want to cough up the $100+ price tag this year when my daughters like to wear their joggers a couple of times a week. So we bought a less expensive school shoe & got them really good joggers
    I went with grosbys from payless this year too.
    We've done the clarks, betts kids & lynx over the last few years and Dd1 managed to ruin them all in equal time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DS (7) got a pair of vans from vans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I went with grosbys from payless this year too.
    We've done the clarks, betts kids & lynx over the last few years and Dd1 managed to ruin them all in equal time.
    Good to know that a lot of brands have the same "wear" time. I found in previous years that my daughter/s would have scuff marks in the 1st week lol. And even with the more expensive Clarks the Velcro on the strap came off before term 2 was finished. So definitely get the buckle version, if anyone is getting Clarks.
    I totally forgot to mention that I got my son black Nikes & they were $60. I didn't want him having leather shoes & being joggers that are all black, they look like school shoes anyway AND we saved on buying another pair of jogger. Winning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another for Grosby's from Payless here. And my other DD picked out a different pair from Big W. Both my DD's seem to go through shoes quickly weather they are cheap or expensive ones. The Grosby's seem middle of the range and look quite nice though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our preppie Adidas velcros from Amart for $50