+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Accommodation HELP, Surfers Paradise.

After some accommodation recommendations for Surfers Paradise/ Gold Coast. We're thinking of having a family holiday around the middle of Feb, with Ds1 (two and a half years old), and Ds2 (will be 5 months old). We'll be going to SeaWorld, Dreamworld, and Currumbin wildlife sanctuary so something within reasonable distance from those attractions. Hoping for a self contained setup to cook meals etc, open to stayz or the like, so long as I don't need to bring linen. Budget is undecided as yet, pool is a must!

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would recommend Treasure Island Resort in Biggera Waters which is about 10-15 mins from Surfers. Only because I drive past there a couple of times a week and think it looks great!lol Also a friend of mine stayed there with her kids and said it was great. Otherwise before i moved here we stayed in the Chevron Renaissance in Surfers Paradise and it was brilliant. We stayed in a self contained unit. I think I got a cheap deal on Last Minute. Another good one is Gold Coast Holiday Park but it is in Helensvale, about half an hour from Surfers but about 2 minute drive to both Dreamworld and Movie World.
    Last edited by bubbasmum; 23-01-2016 at 22:15.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (24-01-2016)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently had a family holiday at turtle beach resort, it is just down the road from Surfers. Its really well priced, the accommodation was really good and its a great place for families, I definitely recomend that you check it out

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (24-01-2016),MyDino  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I personally prefer places not in surfers paradise itself, but more towards Broadbeach. Also means slightly easier to either the oasis shopping centre or pacific fair shopping centre for groceries/other shopping.

Over the years we've stayed at a few places down there. Beachfront Viscount (was Viscount Towers) is right on the beach. It's nothing flash, but it is self container, has a pool and rooftop spa, but being on the beach is sometimes easier with young kids as you're not crossing roads/having to drive. Other places I've stayed over the years include Carmel by the Sea, Meriton apartments, Ultra Broadbeach, Biarritz apartments plus a few others. The actual heart of surfers itself is not that fantastic for young families I don't think as its just so busy and there can be some d***heads that hang out in Cavill mall. Broadbeach is more family friendly and only another 5-10 min further south. It's probably easier access too to get back on the freeway to get to dreamworld/currumbin, although to get to seaworld you'd have to drive through Gold Coast traffic. P

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (24-01-2016),misho  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sea world Nara Resort? I haven't stayed there myself but it looks great and has it's own mini water park and access to the theme park to come and go?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to back to Turtle Beach resort around the same time. 3 pools. A splash zone. We get a 2 bedroom apartment that has a bathroom and an ensuite, also a kitchen and dining table. Can't believe how reasonably priced it is to be honest! They do lots of kids activities too each day that you can join in on.

Biggest draw back for me is the beds are really hard!! But it's great to save money by cooking our own meals. Also there's shops just outside the Entrance, so I can hit up the cheesecake shop or noodle box.

Paradise resort looks good too but it didn't have the kitchen, was more expensive, but has amazing facilities. I will probably stay there when the kids are older. Seemed older children might get more out of it. Mine are 4 and 2 and turtle beach was perfect for them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paradise Resort. Look them up. We wouldn't holiday anywhere else! Kids club, activities each day for guests, a mini ice skating rink. We love it there

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (24-01-2016),Koarlo  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Groupon have a travel deal for Paradise Resort at the moment

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (26-01-2016)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister recently stayed at Paradise resort and said she will never go back. The rooms are fairly small, and they have a new policy now where you have to pay $10.00 per day for parking. Also I am pretty sure that a lot of their extra stuff also costs a fair bit, I think from memory she said for their family to go ice skating cost $80 or something crazy like that. Also, we were going to go visit them for the day however no visitors are welcome in the splash zone etc, and the kids had to have arm bands on to be in there. I think in future she is going to give turtle beach a try also. For me the fact that it was a fully equipped room was a big bonus, it is just crazy expensive to eat out continually for a longer family holiday.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

GemJane  (30-03-2016),Koarlo  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    My sister recently stayed at Paradise resort and said she will never go back. The rooms are fairly small, and they have a new policy now where you have to pay $10.00 per day for parking. Also I am pretty sure that a lot of their extra stuff also costs a fair bit, I think from memory she said for their family to go ice skating cost $80 or something crazy like that. Also, we were going to go visit them for the day however no visitors are welcome in the splash zone etc, and the kids had to have arm bands on to be in there. I think in future she is going to give turtle beach a try also. For me the fact that it was a fully equipped room was a big bonus, it is just crazy expensive to eat out continually for a longer family holiday.
    Oh really? I stupidly assumed the ice skating would be free!