+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a good age gap in my opinion. I have that rough gap between mine, and I found it just about right. My sisters are close in age and she's said she wished she had a bigger gap but life is what it is.
    We're expecting our fourth and the age gap will be four years. The biggest issue we are having right now is the car. DH and I can't seem to agree on the car. The kids all know #4 is on the way and are excited for different reasons.

After 2, whats one more. After 3, its crazy anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Balfour For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    we have 3.. they are 3, 5 & 7.. im not 100% sure im done.. if i was to go ahead with it, the kids would be 4, 6 & 8 by then.. is this too large of a gap? On a good day i want a 4th on a bad day im unsure.. im 35 so i'd want to do it this year and that's it, i wouldn't want to leave it any longer.. what is it like with going from 3-4? with 2-3 i struggled more than 1-2.
    I struggled going from 2 -3 much more than 1-2, simply because my older 2 would fight everytime I sat down to feed the baby. Going from 3-4 was a breeze. The baby just slotted in, I was experienced in dealing with babies, knew what to expect, and was experienced in dealing with sibling squabbles. Fortunately my fourth was a baby who was happy enough to be carted around everywhere and who was a shocking sleeper at the best of times so I wasn't interrupting any afternoon naps by having to get the older kids from school.

The downsides - bigger car was a must, I wish I had a bigger house - we are pretty squished in this house especially as the kids have gotten older and are physically bigger (they just take up more space). I have the younger two sharing a bedroom and they fight continually. I don't have the funds to do anything about it though.

Four kids are easy when they are little. When they get older and are at school and extracurricular activities etc it can be difficult keeping track of who needs to be where when. Then there is the continual you love her more than me because I get all the hand me downs and you bought her new clothes today, or you spend more time with her than me. *whinge whinge whinge whinge*

Having said that, I was a lot happier with four kids than three. Something about an even number. I didn't like having an odd number of kids.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 24-01-2016 at 14:54.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Balfour  (25-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing bad about having 4 apart from the fact we had to get a bigger car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Thanks for the replies ladies, for those that went on to have 4, what changed from having 3? Did u have to upgrade your car/house etc? I was either a 2 or 4 person as i was a part of 3 and i hated it.. With us, number 3 was a suprise and my dd who is 7 appears bitter as there are 3 of them and one is always left out.
    We have a spare room but will upgrade our car from a 5 seater to a 7-8 seater, which I wanted to do this year anyway. We will also put in a bigger powered outdoor shed as we have a huge backyard so this will give us room for a deep freeze and more storage space.