+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pros and Cons of TUBAL LIGATION please!!!

Hi everyone,
    has anyone had their tubes tied??
    I want to hear others experiences and if they had any complications?
    what were your reasons for getting it done?? does it cost money in the public system??
    I'm 33 and pregnant with my 3rd baby. all my children have different fathers and I do not want any more children... I am 1000000% sure on this. I cannot put myself or my kids through any more.
    I am having an elective cesarean for this baby (first 2 were natural) so I'm thinking maybe while they are at it they may as well do this too...
    would love to hear some feedback both negative and positive 👍
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a TL at the same time as my elective Csec, during the birth of dd2. I was 100% sure I didn't want any more kids - we went though IVF for DD2 and were advised that'd be the only way we could have more - which we knew anyway. Ff, we had 1 Frozen emby left and had ds1 2 yrs later. (Difficult choice, destroy, donate, or put it back) i didn't have any post op complications - csec took an extra 15 mins. But I havent been able to shift weight since and have regular break through bleeding and heavier af (which could just be age?) But could be TL syndrome too....

I think it has been good in that I don't worry about failing contraception (not that I did in the first place!) And that I am in control of my fertility - not my partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mother has suffered with several symptos of TL syndrome so it's not something I would ever do. Easy for me to say, though...as my DH took care of permanent birth control for us.
    If I was on my own I think I'd be asking for an endomerial ablation with my mother's history.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Friend of mine fell
    Pregnant after having TL done 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyRoberts View Post
    Friend of mine fell
    Pregnant after having TL done 😳
    What was tue timeframe of pregnancy @AmyRoberts?

Pregnancy is most likely to occur (if it is going to) in the 3-12 months post op apparently and *usually* results in ectopic) the Dr will advise on suitable precautions in that timeframe (well mine did anyway!?) Like any measure of precaution, abstinence is the only guaranteed method of contraception

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMetal View Post
    Hi everyone,
    has anyone had their tubes tied??
    I want to hear others experiences and if they had any complications?
    what were your reasons for getting it done?? does it cost money in the public system??
    I'm 33 and pregnant with my 3rd baby. all my children have different fathers and I do not want any more children... I am 1000000% sure on this. I cannot put myself or my kids through any more.
    I am having an elective cesarean for this baby (first 2 were natural) so I'm thinking maybe while they are at it they may as well do this too...
    would love to hear some feedback both negative and positive 👍
    TIA
    It can be done public either at the time of csection or any time after.