+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Sorry everyone! I planned to reply this Morning and completely forgot!

Managed to have a short conversation with Dp. He has said he wants to get married. He can see it happening. More going to say Fraser Island and getting married with just a few people (which I'm 110% happy with!) but he just doesn't want to just yet. He's talking like 4 or 5 years from now. Which I guess I can be happy with. I love this man. I know he loves me. I just hope he might think a proposal would be great. I'm happy to be engaged for a few years. Not concerned with that. I'm hoping it's a start to the future that's important to me.
    I asked him again and changing my last name and he said he could handle that. But he'd prefer to get married. So I guess that's a good thing?!
    Sounds good

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's not the greatest with words so getting anything out of him is great haha. I'm hoping we can continue talking.
    I showed him a wedding dress I'm absolutely in love with (lol, I know.. strange!) he said it would look amazing on me and can picture me marrying him in it.
    That's gotta be a good sign?
    I'm still a little confused and worried about things he has said but I'll keep trying to get him to speak to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How important is marriage to you?

OP I think he sounds confused about what he wants to be honest. He's sending mixed messages.

If it were me I would sit down and get a firm commitment from him when he wants to marry you. Agree a date and move from there. If he can't do that then you know where you stand.

As to the question, marriage isn't important to me as a concept. I think you can be happy either way so long as both are on the same page.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't think marriage was important to me, until I met my now DH. We were pretty much inseparable from the time we met, and he asked me after 6 short weeks of dating. I thought he was joking! It wasn't until he asked again a few days later I realised he was serious. We married just over a year later and have now been together for 10 years.

I know it's just a piece of paper, and I know divorce come easy these days, but to me, that piece of paper means a lot. I meant the words I wrote and said on the day. The song I walked down that "aisle" to still means a lot to me and does our first dance. I can still see his face when he first saw me, how his eyes glistened and remember how I felt. It was a well of emotion to stand there in front of friends and family and say that we were "it" for each other. I'm proud to be his wife and proud he's my husband. We've had our issues, but we are both committed to us, and to our family. I know you don't need that bit of paper to feel it, but for me it did change everything, while changing nothing. I just felt different. More settled.

I'm glad you have had a chat with your DP and have some answers. I second the getting a rough date from him, and I'd even tell him that you're happy to wait, but would like to be engaged by the end of the year/whatever you feel your cut off date is.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-01-2016),TheGooch  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

So Dp and I had more of a chat last night. He was really getting into it! He was talking possible locations of the wedding and how it would work if my dad took DS back to his farm so we could have a little honeymoon etc. he was looking at everything, from flights and accommodation to venues and menu lists!
    He was talking about how the ceremony would look and who we would invite!

I'm shocked. He really seemed to be enjoying it. He then said 'alright now all I need is to buy you a ring and we can do this' ☺️

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-01-2016),CakeyMumma  (27-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    How long ago did you mention to him that you what to get married? Could he be stalling because he's saving for a ring and not wanting to ruin the surprise?
    I forgot to reply to you babyno1onboard
    I've always told him I want to get married. So he's known since the beginning. We share a bank account and I think I'd know if he were saving for something lol well I'd hope I would realise. He does get cash out a lot and uses cash so I wouldn't know if he's stashing some of it. I barely use cash but I guess he could be but I don't think he is lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly it was more important to hubby than to me. Of course i wanted to get married but he really wanted us to be married before we had kids. Well we fell preg 5 months before our wedding so lucky!! My dress only just fit me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    So Dp and I had more of a chat last night. He was really getting into it! He was talking possible locations of the wedding and how it would work if my dad took DS back to his farm so we could have a little honeymoon etc. he was looking at everything, from flights and accommodation to venues and menu lists!
    He was talking about how the ceremony would look and who we would invite!

I'm shocked. He really seemed to be enjoying it. He then said 'alright now all I need is to buy you a ring and we can do this' ☺️
    He's changed his tune very quickly! I'm glad we gave you the motivation to talk to him about it instead of letting it simmer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    He's changed his tune very quickly! I'm glad we gave you the motivation to talk to him about it instead of letting it simmer.
    He certainly has changed his tune! He said last night after looking into it it doesn't seem so daunting, like we don't have to have a big wedding that costs a fortune and that he could picture it as us, not random people anymore. He still seems quite excited about it. He's been at work all day and came home going 'I seen (some v8 driver) had a wedding here and it looked amazing' along those lines lol

Now I just have to hope it pushes him to propose soon enough. (By pushes I don't mean force him haha)

I'm so glad you did as well! Thank you all so much! It went so much better than I thought! I'm glad I didn't just stew on it. I would of been a mess! So glad I asked everyone 😘

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-01-2016),HillDweller  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

So I might give this a quick update!

Dp is now DF! He proposed this evening. I did know he was planning it and had known he had a ring. We'd been talking about it for awhile. We didn't want to over complicate it lol

Funniest part of it is we first met at a Canberra Raiders vs Bulldogs footy game about 7 years ago and they play each other tonight! Lol.

Buuuut I did know the ring would be too small and yep it's probably a size too small! Lol. So now I need to have it resized lol

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (04-04-2016),gingermillie  (04-04-2016),JR03  (04-04-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (04-04-2016),twinklify  (04-04-2016),VicPark  (04-04-2016)