+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice but unwanted to say how sorry I am for you both and your beautiful son 😞

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Our darling boy will be delivered sleeping in the next could of weeks at 24 weeks gestation.

We recently found out he has severe heart problems and at best would live a very limited life requiring many surgeries.

I am not after opinions or comments on our situation but I would really like some help with what to pack for hospital and if it would be good to get birth photos taken or really anything else you think will help.
    I've been through exactly what you've described. Please PM me if you have any specific questions and I'd be happy to chat to you, anything at all that you need to know.

I'm so sorry xxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (23-01-2016),mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Definitely contact heartfelt, we didn't know about them when we lost our daughter and it's my biggest regret not having any photos beautifully done of us holding her or her little hands or feet. It also didn't occur to us to take our own photos, I was in such shock, so all we have are the clinical ones the midwife took in the back room and they are really upsetting.

Xo
    I hope the OP doesn't mind me saying this to you holly but did you know that Heartfelt also offers a service where they work on the poor quality photos that you have to make them better. I urge you to contact them and see if there is anything that can be done with what you have to turn it into a memory that you can treasure. Xxx

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

amyd  (24-01-2016),HollyGolightly81  (24-01-2016),MissMuppet  (24-01-2016),mummymaybe  (24-01-2016),Wise Enough  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really sorry for your loss.

I didn't have a stillbirth but a neonatal death at 3 hours old. It was a blur at the time and the nurses kindly took photos and hand and footprints of my daughter. I wasn't thinking straight at the time and wouldn't have thought of doing this but now, 7 years on I am so glad I have these.

I also had a few hours holding my daughter - if you'd asked me in advance about that I would have said I wouldn't want to do that but the doctor advised me to do it and am so glad I did as at the time it was strangely comforting and is a lasting memory I still have today.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice either but just wanted to say I'm so sorry, it must be such a hard time for you 😔 Take care xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much. I think we will defiantly take/get some photos. Do you think it would be OK to just contact the photographer we already had in mind? She has previously worked for heartfelt but no longer does. We are happy to pay for the images.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    I hope the OP doesn't mind me saying this to you holly but did you know that Heartfelt also offers a service where they work on the poor quality photos that you have to make them better. I urge you to contact them and see if there is anything that can be done with what you have to turn it into a memory that you can treasure. Xxx
    Thanks, I did know this but I find these photos so upsetting that I genuinely don't think they can be fixed. They are very clinical and I don't think I could bring myself to look at them enough to even pass them on to heartfelt. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also haven't experienced still birth but my son was a premie and passed away at 8 days old. I would definitely make sure you get all keepsakes done such as photos, hand and foot prints, some hospitals also supply memory boxes (ours came from Miracles Babies foundation). At least if you have them done you can choose if/when to look at them.

I would take loose comfortable clothing, maternity pads (some hospitals supply these though), breast pads, lip balm, nipple cream. I would also make sure you ask to be prescribed the tablets to stop your milk coming in. They should be taken in the first couple of days. Otherwise you'll need to contend with milk supply and sore boobs as a cruel reminder of what you have lost.

Again, I'm so so sorry you have to go through this. My heart breaks for you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Thanks so much. I think we will defiantly take/get some photos. Do you think it would be OK to just contact the photographer we already had in mind? She has previously worked for heartfelt but no longer does. We are happy to pay for the images.
    I'm sure that would be fine if she's worked with them before, she will know how to be respectful and get the best photos without disrupting the precious time you have.

My friend also had the hand and foot prints turned into a necklace.

It's devastating that so many have had to go through this

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    There is an organisation called Angel Baby Nappies. They make tiny Nappies for babies born with wings.
    They are on Facebook, I'm not sure if they are anywhere else

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (26-01-2016)