+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @mummymaybe. Perhaps a box for any keepsakes you might like to hold onto?
    Xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaMell For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im really sorry to hear op, big hugs to you, take as many photos as you can. What about the place that does the hand and feet moulds? they can put those in a frame for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you are going through this. We lost our son last year. Bring comfortable clothes and pads also some women have milk come in so some breast pads. Take photos even if you dont want to look at tyem straight away at least you have them. I have never looked at my sons but am so glad i have them. Heartfelt will do them for you. We used the hospital pastrol care who helped 8n organising his cremation and some momentos for us to keep. Counselling, sands can help with phone support as they are people who have lost children themselves and they run support meetings as well. I made up a shadow box from the things we were given by the hospital including the little outfit he wore xx
    Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's also angel gowns who use donated wedding dresses to make small outfits for babies born sleeping.

Heartfelt is amazing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend also lost her baby girl at the same gestation to heart problems. She did a fund raiser to buy a cuddle cot for the hospital so you baby is kept warm and in the room with you. It was for one of the Brisbane hospitals but i don't recall which one.

I'm so terribly terribly sorry you're going through this. Take lots of photos, give lots of cuddles, and tell your boy how much you love him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for you.

Get in touch with your hospitals social worker, they will be a massive support for you over the next few weeks.

Heartfelt are a charity that do amazing photos, give them a ring as well and they'll be able to come after the birth.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so terribly sorry to hear this

I have no practical advice but I couldn't read and run without offering support.

You'll be in my thoughts xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this xoxo
    Our daughter was stillborn at 25 weeks. Get heartfelt to take photos, even if you don't want to look at them straight away they will be there when you're ready.
    Take all the things a mother would pack, you are having a baby, even though you can't take your precious baby home.
    Take snacks and some music, puzzles or crosswords etc. the induction process can take hours to kick in.
    Maternity pads and comfy clothes for you - the hospital should give you tiny clothes to fit your baby. My mum gave me a little teddy for bubs.. And my ring fit around her wrist like a bracelet, they're both now very special to me.
    My daughter was born nearly 3 years ago now, I'm happy to talk about it if you feel like it xoxoxo
    Take very special care of yourself and your partner.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterflyMa For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely contact heartfelt, we didn't know about them when we lost our daughter and it's my biggest regret not having any photos beautifully done of us holding her or her little hands or feet. It also didn't occur to us to take our own photos, I was in such shock, so all we have are the clinical ones the midwife took in the back room and they are really upsetting.

Bring a laptop or iPad to watch movies or boxsets, the induction process can take a long time and there is a lot of waiting.

You can give anything you want your baby to have with him (books, pictures, toys) to the funeral home to put in his coffin so you only need to take that stuff to the hospital if there's a reason you want it in photos.

Pack anything you think you'll need to make yourself comfortable. Comfy clothes, toiletries, pjs, warms socks, etc.

Snacks. Although your husband can pop out to get you guys more food as well.

My biggest advice is to just take your time with him, stay an extra night at the hospital to hold him as much as possible.

Xo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice.
    I am so deeply sorry xx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (24-01-2016)