+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So sorry to read your devastating story SoReady. Being 3 years into this journey I can honestly say time does help. But not in the way everybody thinks. I think of our daughter every minute, I definitely haven't forgotten her or 'gotten over it' it's more that time has enabled me to get to a point where I can think about her and not have it be so painful, I can think about her and still carry on with my day. In the beginning the pain is so intense and frightening but I promise it won't always be that way. I used to be scared about the pain going away, almost like I wanted it to stay because I was worried it would mean I had forgotten her if it went away. But it has faded, to a bearable point, but she is still there and I am so grateful for that.

Be gentle to with yourselves ladies. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so so sorry for your loss!! This brings back so many emotions for me as we lost our daughter 6 weeks ago at 22 weeks, we still have no reason for it happening.
    The next few weeks will be hard and after the funeral people will stop asking how you are doing. This is very horrible as it feels as if everyone else has moved on with their lives and you are just stuck in the same spot, heartbroken.
    Feeling as though life has to go on without your little baby is almost absolutely horrible.
    I don't really have much other advice except be kind to yourself and don't feel bad for crying in public, it will happen.
    Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Sending so much love mummymaybe. I remember leaving the hospital so vividly. We had been there for two days and nights and I was so desperate to just get home, the midwife told me I could stay an extra night with her but she had deteriorated so much the second time I held her that I decided to leave thinking I shouldn't hold her again as it would be too upsetting to see more changes in her, her little body was so delicate. I was ok/calm until we walked out of the main hospital doors towards the parking lot and then I just crumbled and started panicking, begging DH to take me back inside to her. It's still so hard to think about and I often regret not going back in but I know I would have felt the same no matter when I left. It's such an unnatural feeling to leave without your baby, such a primal feeling. X
    I could have written this word for word. I've never felt such pain leaving him behind.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We laid Harry to rest yesterday. We had a lovely ceremony with our parents and siblings. We buried Harry and have purchased a plot for us beside him. It is a lovely spot under a big tree and there are huge families of ducks all around.

DH wrote and read a beautiful poem as well as carrying his boy from the car to his resting place.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-02-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-02-2016),BornToBe  (30-09-2016),Californication  (10-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (10-02-2016),hope77  (10-02-2016),M'LadyEm  (10-02-2016),maternidade  (10-02-2016),michellek  (10-02-2016),misho  (10-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (10-02-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (10-02-2016),mrsboyts  (11-02-2016),NORgirl  (10-02-2016),Rocky27  (11-02-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (10-02-2016),Tamtam  (10-02-2016),VicPark  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    We laid Harry to rest yesterday. We had a lovely ceremony with our parents and siblings. We buried Harry and have purchased a plot for us beside him. It is a lovely spot under a big tree and there are huge families of ducks all around.

DH wrote and read a beautiful poem as well as carrying his boy from the car to his resting place.
    That sounds beautiful and little boys love ducks. It would have been so hard organising it all. Not something a mother should ever have to do. You're a very strong lady.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-02-2016),Hopeful1975  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds lovely even though it probably felt like the worst thing in the world. A mother should never have to say goodbye to a child. It's so nice that you also arranged the additional plots. My heart truly breaks for you right now. Big hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

There's no right word to use when having to say goodbye to your baby, but it does sound like you arranged a very fitting and perfect day for him. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molly19 I hope there is some useful info here