+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I'm so glad you got to spend some time with your little man. Leaving hospital without your bub is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do. I hope you and your hubby are taking care of yourselves and I'm glad you are feeling a little better physically.

There are quite a few organisations out there who provide counselling, support groups etc to bereaved families including SIDS and Kids, Bears of Hope, Sands and Pregnancy Loss Australia. One of my favourite things apart from the photos Heartfelt took is the Molly Bear I ordered from a lovely organisation in the US which makes bears which are the exact weight of your little one.

Thinking of you xx
    Just quietly, pregnancy loss Australia closed down last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    We came home over the weekend. My goodness I wasn't prepared for how awful walking out of hospital without Harry would be.

We have bunkered down with just short visits from close family and are slowly working out what to do next.

I had another couple bags of blood which has made me feel much better and cesarean pain is improving.

The ongoing support from you all has been fantastic.
    That awful, empty hospital walk is what nightmares are made of isn't it? I'm thinking of you.

Will you have a funeral?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so very sorry for your loss!

What a wonderful mummy you are to relieve Harry of his pain.

Loads of love for you during these awful times xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Just quietly, pregnancy loss Australia closed down last week
    Pming you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sending so much love mummymaybe. I remember leaving the hospital so vividly. We had been there for two days and nights and I was so desperate to just get home, the midwife told me I could stay an extra night with her but she had deteriorated so much the second time I held her that I decided to leave thinking I shouldn't hold her again as it would be too upsetting to see more changes in her, her little body was so delicate. I was ok/calm until we walked out of the main hospital doors towards the parking lot and then I just crumbled and started panicking, begging DH to take me back inside to her. It's still so hard to think about and I often regret not going back in but I know I would have felt the same no matter when I left. It's such an unnatural feeling to leave without your baby, such a primal feeling.

Will you guys have a funeral? Will he be cremated? We just had the two of us and a priest to do a blessing at her funeral, we were pretty private with her. We loaded her coffin with letters, photos and toys and books we wanted her to have. She was cremated and her ashes sit in an engraved box in our bedroom with her bunny.

Be gentle with yourself, arm yourself with loads of easy viewing boxsets and movies, stuff you can just blank out on. X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (10-02-2016),VicPark  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thinking of you

That walk out of the hospital is crippling, I remember it well. It feels so wrong to go through it all and leave empty handed, to walk out with nothing goes against our core programming it feels.

Hope you are recovering well and resting up, don't feel you have to have visitors if you don't want to. You are not obligated to do anything for anyone, this is your time to grieve.

The hospital provided us with some material to read for comfort, including one designed for Dads which was great - I think it was on one of the follow up visits. It is painful and hard to read and remember at first but eventually we read it and it does help.

Please know you are not alone, we are here to support you.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bubbasmama For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016),NORgirl  (10-02-2016),VicPark  (09-02-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Sending so much love mummymaybe. I remember leaving the hospital so vividly. We had been there for two days and nights and I was so desperate to just get home, the midwife told me I could stay an extra night with her but she had deteriorated so much the second time I held her that I decided to leave thinking I shouldn't hold her again as it would be too upsetting to see more changes in her, her little body was so delicate. I was ok/calm until we walked out of the main hospital doors towards the parking lot and then I just crumbled and started panicking, begging DH to take me back inside to her. It's still so hard to think about and I often regret not going back in but I know I would have felt the same no matter when I left. It's such an unnatural feeling to leave without your baby, such a primal feeling.

Will you guys have a funeral? Will he be cremated? We just had the two of us and a priest to do a blessing at her funeral, we were pretty private with her. We loaded her coffin with letters, photos and toys and books we wanted her to have. She was cremated and her ashes sit in an engraved box in our bedroom with her bunny.

Be gentle with yourself, arm yourself with loads of easy viewing boxsets and movies, stuff you can just blank out on. X
    This post was incredibly gut wrenching to read. All of these stories are. My heart bleeds for you beautiful, strong mummies, no one should have to go through this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

This happened to me too. When I was holding DS2 it was like I could breathe. I could talk. The feeling of him in my arms gave me peace.

Then I'd have to give him back and walk away and it was like this panic set in. I couldn't breathe properly. I remember sobbing and begging DH not to make me live the rest of my life with this. It wasn't even in a particularly suicidal way. It was more a case of 'this is too much. I actually can't get through this'. In that moment it's incomprehensible that you could ever not feel like that.

You do stop feeling that bad though. That all encompassing horror mixed with grief does tend to ease a little. I think you just have to go with it and not let anyone dictate the timing of your recovery.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016),VicPark  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

My heart cries for you beautiful Mumma's who couldn't take your baby home with you. It's still shocks me that so many of you have been through this nightmare xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mummymaybe, you have certainly had a hard time. What a traumatic birth under already tragic circumstances. The only thing that will really help heal you is time. Be kind to yourself and do what you need to do for you and hubby as number one. Everyone else will understand.

My son was born two months ago healthy and caught a virus in the hospital and died when he was 8 days old. The past two months have been a living nightmare. We had lots of friends and family around but when I needed time out I would just admit "today is not a good day" and retreat into my own space. Most people were pretty good at leaving me alone when I needed it without further explanation than that. Last weekend was my due date so we took a weeks holiday with our son and broke contact with the everyone to give time to ourselves. It was very healing. I know it feels like your world is falling apart, I still have days and moments but it is getting just that little bit easier each day.

I hope you have strength to hold a memorial service for him. We had our sons ashes returned to us in a Cami bear. They are beautiful and personally I didn't want to see an urn on the shelf. I'm more than happy to chat if you want to pm.