Positive Social Inductions. | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My induction was a hellish story. So based on that I would be reluctant to recommend one for any reason bar medical. But TBH, your reasons are definitely more medical than social.

A girlfriend of mine had a 35min second labour then a PPH that needed a transfusion. She was induced with her third as it was too risky otherwise for her to go into labour naturally as she progresses quickly and then bleeds. She was induced at 40+1.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I were in your position, I would definitely have an induction.

I think having 3 very young kids to manage, while potentially having a difficult or complicated labour, out of hospital, by yourself, sounds like a far "less positive" birth experience than an induction!

Don't worry a jot about what others think, just do whatever you think is best. Yes, births very often don't go to "plan", but you can at least have a crack at making it a bit more "civilised"

I was induced with my daughter, and it was very straightforward. The induction was because I had gestational diabetes and she was enormous (ended up being 4.72kg), but the process of induction was the same in my situation whether it had been for so-called "social reasons".

Good Luck

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced for medical reasons and it was a fantastic birth. I think it helps if it's not your first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have had 2 great inductions and I bad one. The bad one was because I have had six kids and I had a reaction to the induction drug cerividil. Being that this is your fourth baby I would talk to Dr's about the risk of this happening.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If an induction guarantees you and bub are both safe and sound I would not hesitate ! Good luck x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I have had 2 great inductions and I bad one. The bad one was because I have had six kids and I had a reaction to the induction drug cerividil. Being that this is your fourth baby I would talk to Dr's about the risk of this happening.
    Could you expand on your situation at all?? Just so I know what to ask about??? I want to go to the dr fully informed and with a million q's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies... I'm hyper emotional this morning and this actually brought me to happy tears hahaha.
    Hubby is fully supportive in anything and everything, but sometimes you just need the opinion of other mums so you don't feel like your going mad

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with both my children for medical reasons, but your own reasons also sound medical to me.

First time I was induced at 40 +3 for high BP. As it turned out, he ended up with shoulder dystocia and I had a mild PPH, so while it wasn't the most pleasant experience, I was glad I'd been induced because the problems would likely have been even worse had I waited to labour naturally.

Given this history, second time around I was induced at 38 + 1. I actually found it a pleasant experience and felt really good afterwards. So I think some of the horror stories from inductions may be less a result of the induction itself, and more a function of the fact that people are more likely to be induced if there's a problem already looming.

Best of luck!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would think that yes given previous complications that can be life and death for you when you are not close to hospital, have quick labours and noone on standby immediately for help.
    I had a medical induction with dd at 38+6 it was straightforward, contractions come on faster i had an epidural early on but no long list of other interventions and a healthy baby at the end.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had one for my 3rd as my first 2 births ended in complete retained placentas and pp haemorrhage. The induction was very quick and painful (I had no time for a epidural), but otherwise straight forward. Still ended up with a retained placenta and a bleed, but was in a controlled environment. The only thing I wish I did was take the advice of my OB and have the epi at the beginning.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

kezty  (24-01-2016)