Reasons for considering a social induction.
• 4th baby, last labour was 1 hr and 40 mins
• closest support person (my mum) is 2 hrs quick drive away
• we have 4, 3 and 2 yr old. None of which are tv kids, so putting a movie on to distract them is never going to work.
• 20 min drive to Closest hospital
• 2nd bub had fairly scary shoulder distotia
• 3rd bub I was 10 gram off of pp haemorrhage.
This decision is not being made lightly, AT ALL, I am FULLY AWARE of all the horror stories, the cascade of intervention, the risk of c/s and every other bad thing that could possibly go wrong.
BUT, in my opinion, sitting on the side of the road with either a baby stuck in my pelvis or bleeding out, is slightly more risky.
so what I'm asking is if there are any ladies out there that have had social inductions for any of the reasons above, and if so would you recommend it??
ETA: my mum works full time, so couldn't come and 'stay until bub comes'. And we live and work on a dairy, so staying closer to town is not an option (we have nowhere to stay anyway).
we are new to the area, have only been here for 12 months and have been working flat out so haven't had time to find a support network. Hence not having anyone closer than my mum.