+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Qantas or virgin points which would you focus.

I'm with both programs, plan to save points to pay for flights for holiday, unsure of destination yet.
    QF I have aprox 150,000 points, virgin i have 15,000 HOWEVER i won't be earning many more QF as woolies no longer really offers that program and thanks to my fuel, electricity provider and other program I'll be earning 20,000 plus a year in virgin.
    I have a debit card with both and both I can earn 1 point for every $2 spent. I'm thinking of transferring bills money to one of my cards ea week and paying bill via credit to earn points. If I include daycare in this then I'll be able to earn at least 200+ points per week ( just over 10,000 per year).
    So if you were me would you focus the cards on the qf and have balance increase 10,000 points per year ( so being already larger balance more travel options) or focus all points to Virgin to build the balance up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only Qantas points. My credit card has linked American Express which is 1 point every $1, so I use that as much as I can.

Woolworths is bringing back a similar way for rewards to collect points. It says $10 Woolworths dollars can convert to 870 points which seems better than currently. http://www.ausbt.com.au/woolworths-b...s-for-shoppers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by believa View Post
    I have only Qantas points. My credit card has linked American Express which is 1 point every $1, so I use that as much as I can.

Woolworths is bringing back a similar way for rewards to collect points. It says $10 Woolworths dollars can convert to 870 points which seems better than currently. http://www.ausbt.com.au/woolworths-b...s-for-shoppers
    Ha ha issue is I don't buy the crap that they want me to buy to get woolies $$.
    I know the rewards will be higher with an official credit card, however we are avoiding cards at this stage of our lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Ha ha issue is I don't buy the crap that they want me to buy to get woolies $$.
    I know the rewards will be higher with an official credit card, however we are avoiding cards at this stage of our lives
    I don't buy their crap either 😜 Maybe just keep a look out for specials you actually need. I remember once seeing really high dollars for something useful lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to believa For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Amex card that is $0 annual fee and is 1 point for every dollar with Qantas. I would get one of those and use that where it's accepted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So vote is focus on Qantas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been a Qantas member for twenty years now, so maybe I'm a little biased. I've flown free four times now. Just deciding on the next trip as DH and I have enough points to again. Last two times was taking whole family. Next time will be also 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Qantas but find a better card that gives you better bang for your buck