I am 15 weeks pregnant with our second baby. My first pregnancy was mostly ok...quite a bit of spotting in the first Tri but I delivered at 38 weeks I have had three laps, a few d and c's and HSGs since then.
I have had spotting due to irritated cervix throughout the pregnancy, brought on by walking. But last week I ended up in hospital for four days with heavy, gushing, soaking through clothes type bleeding. It was horrifying.
They found a blood clot on my cervix which seems to have passed. Put on oral progesterone, bed rest and after a few days of bleeding my OB cauterised my cervix but the bleeding continued. Baby was always healthy and fine.
Cervix length was 3.4cm then dropped to just under 3.2 in 48 hours. OB this was an ok length but wanted to watch and wait and if it drops again talk about a cerclage. Today, after 9 days of bed rest cervix has gone up to 4cm which is amazing.
The issue is I am still bleeding...so nearly 2 weeks now. It is spotting rather than heavy loss but hasn't gotten any less in the last week (actually more in the past few days) and still enough to change pad/ panty liner a few times a day.
I am cramping a lot of the time but never severe. I have also started losing large chunks of brown mucus. My cervix is closed but very very inflamed and sore. Lots of pelvic pressure and discomfort going on. No bacteria has grown on swabs and I keep having allergic reactions to antibiotics so OB hasn't put me on any. I am still on bed rest until no bleeding for a week.
OB is still umming and ahhing about putting in a preventative cerclage even though the length has improved. He is concerned about the bleeding and the amount of mucus I am losing but obv doesn't want to do an unnecessary procedure since the length is good. We are watching to see how the bleeding and mucus loss goes over the next week.
Sorry for the essay...Just wondered if anyone has been through a similar experience? Or had any words of wisdom? I can't seem to find anything much on the net...I have underlying health problems including a very rare autoimmune disease so this pregnancy has always been more complicated than my first. I just don't understand why this bleeding is continuing now the clot is gone and my cervix has been cauterised.
I am so scared of losing this baby as it took years and a lot of heartache to conceive.