+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Hmmm I could give that a shot. I've already got Foxtel and an Apple TV, anyone would think I'm a TV addict. What's Stan?
    You can watch Netflix through your Apple TV, you just need to set up an account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stan is another database of movies and shows. Similar to Netflix but with different content.

I really like the opening music to the Making a Murderer. I'm going through the first few episodes to see if I missed anything and to also see if it matches up to the theory I posted earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Stan is another database of movies and shows. Similar to Netflix but with different content.

I really like the opening music to the Making a Murderer. I'm going through the first few episodes to see if I missed anything and to also see if it matches up to the theory I posted earlier.
    I was thinking about that theory earlier and one issue I have realized, why would Bobby and Scott move the remains from the quarry? What is the point of doing that? They lived on that property as well so why would they move the body closer to them?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default *possible trigger* Making a Murderer

Ugh! The part where Robert Herman (under sheriff) says:

"Some of the evidence, DNA evidence.. It's impossible for us to have. You to know to plant that evidence, it's just.. It's, it's... not realistic. Very.... Impossible. It's not even. How should I say? I'm thinking of a word but it's just.... So far fetched. It's impractical. So..."

Now that doesn't seem so bad but add in the fact that he couldn't sit still in his chair, he seemed awkward and almost like he didn't know what to say, and he definitely didn't know where to look. He kept a shifting his weight and tugging at his jacket. He seemed very nervous and uncomfortable.... Very sus!

As for the remains... I'll see how they go over that part about them being moved again but I think it was because it was just another way to link it back to Avery rather than anyone else that may have been close to it.

Another thing is in the press conference where they go through all the details of what Brendan apparently saw, he said that Brendan found Avery in the bedroom and very sweaty with Teresa bound to the bed etc... He emphasised how Avery was sweaty. The DNA found on the key was apparently sweat. So why would people not go "hmm.. sweat on the key.. Hey hang on! Brendan saw Avery all sweaty that day.. Guilty!"

They were feeding the public information to try and get them to make the link in the future when more information about the key came out!
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 23-01-2016 at 08:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just started watching last night.

I have just come to where they are questioning Brendan. What disgraceful questioning, I can't believe they were able to question him like that, let alone admit it to court.

I am doing a psychology degree and in it we learnt about cognitive questioning and it is everything this is not!

They coerced Brendan into admitting what they wanted him to admit. The "who shot her in the head" bit is totally ridiculous, Brendan didn't have any idea that she was shot.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Well...I've started to read the court transcripts. It's well over 1000 pages so will take a while. So far I've read the debate over the judge's instructions to the jury and the Prosecution's Opening Statement. Very interesting so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny to see him get so frustrated that Brendan has no idea she was shot that he just blurts it out. The poor thing was guessing so hard with the cutting her hair and punching her remarks. You could tell that he couldn't figure it out!
    @harvs - I'd love to read it! Can you post a link to where you found it please?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    It's funny to see him get so frustrated that Brendan has no idea she was shot that he just blurts it out. The poor thing was guessing so hard with the cutting her hair and punching her remarks. You could tell that he couldn't figure it out!
    @harvs - I'd love to read it! Can you post a link to where you found it please?
    It's a sticky on the reddit MaM sub thread. I think this is the link

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/jurytrialtranscripts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (23-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Theresas' brother is so weird.

But the most hateful character in that documentary IMO is Kratz. And the later development just confirmed what I thought of him.
    I ended up "barracking" for Avery because Kratz was so repulsive. The way he spoke, the long mustache creeping over his lip, that horrible description of the rape and bludgeoning of Theresa in the trailer without any evidence that it happened there. He was gross.

The interrogation of Brendan Dassey was so shocking. It was wrong in so many ways but mostly that he never had anyone with him.

I also think there was a huge failure to not investigate Theresa's stalker, or to question any of her friends and family, particular her ex.

So many failures which makes it so fascinating to watch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I ended up "barracking" for Avery because Kratz was so repulsive. The way he spoke, the long mustache creeping over his lip, that horrible description of the rape and bludgeoning of Theresa in the trailer without any evidence that it happened there. He was gross.

The interrogation of Brendan Dassey was so shocking. It was wrong in so many ways but mostly that he never had anyone with him.

I also think there was a huge failure to not investigate Theresa's stalker, or to question any of her friends and family, particular her ex.

So many failures which makes it so fascinating to watch.
    I totally forgot about the stalker!