+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agreed Harvs, the comments from Theresa's brother were just plain weird. And the phone message thing... The phone company says there's no way the number of messages left on her voicemail would cause it to give the "voicemail full" message, but he says that's the reason he "guessed her password" to check her phone...but says he didn't delete any messages? Sus. My DH kept yelling at the screen everytime the brother came on "YOU SIR ARE JUST TOO SUS!" lol

The ex boyfriend's testimony was even a bit odd. He also just happened to 'guess' her password?

But Brendan's brother and stepdad were my main suspects. Nothing they said made sense at all.

I felt really sorry for Brendan. It was so clear that he had a learning disability and was trying to tell the police what they wanted to hear because he thought he would then just be allowed to go home. He had zero understanding of the consequences of what he was saying. And the fact that the police told him his mum had said it was ok to talk to them without even speaking to her?

The key found in plain sight only after several searches (and a single key , when there were photographs of her with keys in her hand that had lots of keys on them - house keys etc, makes it look like the key that was found was a spare key), her blood in the BACK of her car, no mention of finding blood in the house (you would think cutting someones throat would leave some evidence, even if you did try and clean up. Geez, I can't even get cat pee out of my carpet!). It was all just too weird. I just couldn't see how they could convict either of them without a reasonable doubt.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the previously mentioned theory. It's just too bloody obvious that Teresa's brother and ex boyfriend knew so much more but were silenced by those awful, corrupted cops. The whole thing is just completely gut wrenching, jaw dropping...absolutely harrowing at how this was ever allowed to happen. I've read all the follow up articles including the evidence that was left out of the trial and I must admit it's food for thought...but come on, look at the intelligence level of Avery. To think ahead enough to block his number when calling her, and then unblock it after her death to make it look like he called her after she didn't turn up...to be able to scrub an entire house and garage clean of blood...but to leave a key in plain sight in his bedroom?! To leave her car on his property instead of using the crusher only metres away?!

And what's with just the one key. It would have been on a keyring with a bunch of keys surely. And the way they tried to make her car look hidden, "oh I'll just lean this here branch over here like that, they won't find it now". Infuriating!

I cried twice throughout the whole thing - when Brendan was being led away in handcuffs (that poor, poor boy with absolutely no comprehension of the situation whatsoever), and when Dolores cried after the guilty verdict was announced. I think I felt worse for her than anyone else. What that poor woman has gone through, through absolutely no fault of her own

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (22-01-2016),HillDweller  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Theresas' brother is so weird.

But the most hateful character in that documentary IMO is Kratz. And the later development just confirmed what I thought of him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (22-01-2016),wobbleyhorse  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    These articles are worth a read.

The four alternative suspects we didn't hear about:
    http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/movies...esuspects.html

14 pieces of evidence the documentary leaves out:
    http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/movies...instavery.html

ETA: article about Jodie's interview
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/making-murd...222820873.html
    I don't find any of those "evidences" compelling.

And about the innocence project, they refuse a lot of applications by pure lack of time. In their shoes id be inclined to help cases with less publicity.
    IMO avery is going to gain so much from the documentary already I think it's fair free resources like the innocence project help those less fortunate IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default *possible trigger* Making a Murderer

watched this in a couple of large blocks over the Xmas break.

initially I felt like he was innocent and had been framed by the state.

now I'm not so sure.

a lot of dirt that was omitted from the series is now coming to light. like his ex gf Jodie saying she ate rat poison so she could get to the hospital to escape him.

who knows how much truth is in that either but there's definitely 2 sides to every story.

I personally thought he came across as though he didn't have the mental capacity to do it (ditto for Brendan). but who knows, maybe he's sociopath and is very crafty at hiding his true self and comes across as this dumb hick.

either way, really enjoyed the series. I thought his two attorneys were brilliant.

eta: then there's the issue that if he didn't do it, then who did? I don't buy the story that the state/police killed Theresa just so they could nab Steve Avery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What channel is this on? It sounds good! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    it's on Netflix!!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Was anyone else distracted by how much Dean Strang looks like Yeardley Smith?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453459563.320728.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453459578.873680.jpg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (22-01-2016),Bongley  (24-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

I personally thought he came across as though he didn't have the mental capacity to do it (ditto for Brendan). but who knows, maybe he's sociopath and is very crafty at hiding his true self and comes across as this dumb hick.

eta: then there's the issue that if he
    didn't do it, then who did? I don't buy the story that the state/police killed Theresa just so they could nab Steve Avery.
    I have never thought he wasnt smart enough to do it, unlike his nephew.

I think he may be smarter than people give him credit for along the lines with having sociopath tendencies.
    I also dont by the story that statepolice killed her but they did plant evidence to make there case towards him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Was anyone else distracted by how much Dean Strang looks like Yeardley Smith?

Attachment 77741

Attachment 77742
    Thankyou! I have been trying to work out who he reminds me of 😁

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (22-01-2016)