+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Making a Murderer

Oh @TortoiseNotTheHare - that theory makes sense.

I watched it and was so angry about the way Brendan Dassey was interviewed/treated by both the police and his first lawyer (and his lawyers investigator)! Even if he is/was guilty, he did not get a fair go at all.

I also wondered about that first press statement made by Katz when he went into so much detail. Is that usual? Surely it was a bit graphic/detailed to release to the public pre-trial.

Also, on a lighter note - what was with the leisure wear that the police/Katz wore for most press interviews. Surely you would dress for the media?

I'd be interested to read more theories if anyone has any. I'm not sure if Avery is guilty - he's not 100% in the clear but he's certainly not without a doubt guilty!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When Brendan asked his mum what inconsistent meant. My heart did drop and I felt sad form him. More on the lack of education and the divide between rich and poor.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-01-2016),HillDweller  (22-01-2016),PomPoms  (23-01-2016),TheGooch  (22-01-2016),wobbleyhorse  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read that one Tortoise! Sounds plausible. I'm only up to the beginning of Brendan Dassey's trial but his brother's evidence in Avery's trial was highly suspect.

Personally I don't think Avery has ever been a stand up guy and very possibly has it in him to do this. Thinking about the cat here. However, the police investigation was a disaster and created a situation where we can never ever know.

The question is did they frame a guilty man, or an innocent one?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I finished the show I thought he was innocent, but reading articles since, about evidence not included in the documentary, an interview with Jodi his ex-fiancé, etc. I am a lot more doubtful now. The documentary is very much only his side of the story so when you hear a bit more about the other side it doesn't seem so clean cut. I also now think (after finally listening to Serial) that the Innocence Project refusing to take his case up again is a bit telling.

Regardless of his innocence though, they both deserve another trial because if the police did even one of the things suggested by the documentary then his trial was corrupted and not a fair one. I think Theresa deserves another trial, so the world knows without a doubt that her real killer is behind bars, whether that is Avery or somebody else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Making a Murderer

These articles are worth a read.

The four alternative suspects we didn't hear about:
    http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/movies...esuspects.html

14 pieces of evidence the documentary leaves out:
    http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/movies...instavery.html

ETA: article about Jodie's interview
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/making-murd...222820873.html
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-01-2016 at 17:50.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-01-2016),wobbleyhorse  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish it was the kids bedtime. I need to finish watching this!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Brendan Dassey 200% innocent.
    Steve, not so sure, but more than reasonable doubt so he should be out of jail...

I think someone from their family is guilty and my gut says its Brendan's mum partner (can't remember his name).
    This is my thoughts as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Brendan Dassey 200% innocent.
    Steve, not so sure, but more than reasonable doubt so he should be out of jail...

I think someone from their family is guilty and my gut says its Brendan's mum partner (can't remember his name).
    I go back and fourth with this as well, that it was Brendan's stepdad and his brother.

I think it's also worth noting that the woman who wrongly accused him of rape in the 80s didn't want to take part in the documentary because of how one sided it was. I do get the point of the documentary, to give a voice to somebody who seemed to need one but like Serial does, it probably should have entertained the idea more that he *may* have done it rather than completely try to convince us of his innocence. If you get what I mean...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I think it was Brendan's brother and stepdad. Although I honestly thought it was weird how Theresa's brother talked about grieving after one day, then corrected himself. The whole phone message thing was weird too.

Brendan just broke my heart. When he sat and thought for a full minute when they asked what they did to her head, and all he could come up with was 'cut her hair'? I mean, that's how learning disabled and nonviolent he was. And then he asked if he'd be back by 1.29 😭😭😭

The whole thing just stinks. I think Avery could be guilty, but the whole trial was just revolting. Plus the fact three of the jurors were directly connected to the sheriff's department. All the unanswered questions that the defence asked. And that disgusting pig Katz. Devastating all around.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-01-2016),BettyW  (22-01-2016),Bongley  (24-01-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (22-01-2016),HillDweller  (22-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Yeah, I think it was Brendan's brother and stepdad. Although I honestly thought it was weird how Theresa's brother talked about grieving after one day, then corrected himself. The whole phone message thing was weird too.

Brendan just broke my heart. When he sat and thought for a full minute when they asked what they did to her head, and all he could come up with was 'cut her hair'? I mean, that's how learning disabled and nonviolent he was. And then he asked if he'd be back by 1.29 😭😭😭

The whole thing just stinks. I think Avery could be guilty, but the whole trial was just revolting. Plus the fact three of the jurors were directly connected to the sheriff's department. All the unanswered questions that the defence asked. And that disgusting pig Katz. Devastating all around.
    Completely agree, I couldn't believe that interview!

The whole time I was watching it I just kept thinking how it could happen in the town I grew up in, small town county seat for the area. Sheriff's department based there and a total old boys club always willing to protect each other. One of them killed a teenage girl in a drunk driving accident and never got in trouble 😕.