+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by clb84 View Post
    I prefer Thailand over Bali
    I've been to both twice and find the Thai's a nicer race of people and x
    On a related note I've heard that on the whole, the Aussies/westerners that travel to Thailand are better behaved than the ones that travel to Bali..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fiji has some amazing deals on at the moment because it's the wet season. Yes it rains but it's lovely tropical rain and you don't mind getting wet.

Loved Thailand.

Really didn't care too much for Bali. I stayed in Kuta and found it stressful. I just didn't feel like I could trust people there. But the Thais I found lovely. Pedicure every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahd80 View Post
    Check out Groupon. I have bought a couple of holidays on sale through their sight that were bargains. Also descent hotels.

I'm a fan of Malaysia and Thailand over Bali. If you go to Bali stay a bit further out- I'd avoid Kuta.
    Scoopon have a great deal for Thailand ATM $800 for 8 nights in phuket, 2 meals per day included so will keep an eye out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I've been to both Thailand and Bali several times and I would go to Thailand over Bali. Agree with everything clb84 said about it.

There are so many things to do there and price wise I found it comparable to Bali. The last time we went we stayed at an amazing hotel right across the road from the beach with the most incredible pool I've ever seen....plus a cute little bar out the front with $3.50 cocktails They have a lot of sales on websites like Expedia etc.

Sometimes the flights are slightly more expensive though (well, they are for us because we're in Perth and flying to Bali is ridiculously cheap, not sure which state you're in).
    Hey what was the name of the resort? Is it Close to some shopping / attractions?

We are in SA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Hey what was the name of the resort? Is it Close to some shopping / attractions?

We are in SA
    It was Baan Laimai Resort. It's right in the heart of all the shopping and directly across the road from the beach in Phuket. Brilliant spot. You can get tuk tuks ( transport) right outside to go anywhere really cheap too.

It's a really nice hotel if you can grab a room on sale

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed in Bali for our honeymoon, it was amazing! We stayed at damai villas in Lovina and the Samaya in Seminyak. Definitely don't stay in Kuta if you want relaxation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone stayed in Nusa Dua in Bali?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    We went to Bali recently just after it went on alert. There was security everywhere. Apparently it is quite normal but mil who is a frequent visitor there said it was higher than usual. We didn't realise at the time bit we were there for the anniversary of the bombing. If you decide to go then sanur is a good spot. It's quieter than kuta but still close to small markets and a supermarket/grocery store/clothing store (hardies). We stayed at the besaki hotel (on the beach literally) in a classic bungalow which is a premium unit and it was beautiful. Expensive I think though.

As for needles, mil never mentioned needing them but we found out that rabies is highly prevalent and the dogs run free in the streets over there so it is highly advised to get immunized before going. Wish we knew that one but mil is lax on that stuff so we discovered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    We stayed in Bali for our honeymoon, it was amazing! We stayed at damai villas in Lovina and the Samaya in Seminyak. Definitely don't stay in Kuta if you want relaxation.
    Lovina is a hike! I heard it is amazing though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a West Aussie I travel to Bali regularly. I also work in travel medicine
    Bali is truly beautiful and one of my favorite places...it's cheap, the people are lovely and it is very diverse. For honeymooning definitely stay out if Kuta, if you still want access to the bustle then look at Legian/Seminyak/Tuba (where Bali Garden is). Sanur is lovely, away from Kuta a bit, but quiet and relaxed. Nusa is more upmarket, bit if a drive..more "resorty", less culture. All just depends what sort of holiday you are after - just remembered traffic can be bad, so it's nice to have some shopping and restaurants nearby.
    With regards to health :-
    1) Dengue - daytime mozzie - wear repellent at all times - 30% DEET
    2) Rabies - no real need for vaccination - but you MUST get post- exposure treatment if you are bitten or scratched by anything with fur and teeth. DO NOT go to the monkey forest!!
    3) Hep A - recommended vax - food bourne disease through poor hygiene /faecal contamination of food. Make sure your childhood vaxs are up to date esp Tetanus and MMR.
    4) Water - bottled only.
    That's the basics really - remember Bali, Thailand and Fiji are all developing countries.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-01-2016),Wise Enough  (23-01-2016)