+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bali for honeymoon? Any advice pls ( first timer)

Hi all dh and I have decided that we need a honeymoon! We have been married 5 years but never had one. We have two little girls who we will b leaving behind as we are only looking at going for 5 nights.

We are thinking Bali cause its cheap and dh has never been overseas before. We like the look of the Bali garden beach resort in Kuta ( right near the waterbom park) but really have NO idea of the Ins and outs of it all. Like....

- what extra expenses will we need to budget for other than accommodation / flights eg travel insurance, passports and how much spending $$

- do we need to get shots?

- do we need to organize airport transfers beforehand?

- is it easy to get around over there and any recs on activities we could do other than laying by the pool drinking cocktails?

Basically any info / recs would b helpful.....ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Checkout the Smart Traveller website first:
    https://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/indonesia

Current warning for Bali (after last weeks terrorist attacks in the capital of Indonesia) is 'exercise a high degree of caution.

If it were me I would go to Fiji or Tahiti instead.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-01-2016),~Marigold~  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek yeah thats not great. Hadnt heard i avoid the news theses days. What are prices like tho to go to Fiji etc? Bali was more in our price range

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about Thailand? That's another option we were considering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been to both Bali and Fiji a few times, we went to Fiji for honeymoon and it was Devine!!! If you don't want to do much but relax, eat and swim at the pool this is the place. There are other activities you can do like jet skiing and charter fishing etc. Fiji is more expensive than Bali, from the accommodation to the food. The ppl there are lovely and whilst it still feels 3rd world at some points the place is very clean IMO.

Bali is cheap. But it is also lovely place to go, not as clean as Fiji it is more congested. Lots to do in Bali as well. Food and accommodation is pretty well priced, much cheaper than Fiji.

Happy for u to PM me if you would like any recommendations on where to stay and do in either as we have been many times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer Thailand over Bali
    I've been to both twice and find the Thai's a nicer race of people and whilst you barter and haggle in both countries. The Thai are a lot nicer and genuine to deal with.

Pretty similar in terms of $$
    Both just as beautiful with beaches and weather and resorts

Hope this helps a bit x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Bali for honeymoon? Any advice pls ( first timer)

High degree of caution for Thailand as well (terrorist attack & civil unrest)
    https://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/thailand

Malaysia, Fiji and Vanuatu are all normal degrees of caution.
    Last edited by VicPark; 22-01-2016 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been to both Thailand and Bali several times and I would go to Thailand over Bali. Agree with everything clb84 said about it.

There are so many things to do there and price wise I found it comparable to Bali. The last time we went we stayed at an amazing hotel right across the road from the beach with the most incredible pool I've ever seen....plus a cute little bar out the front with $3.50 cocktails They have a lot of sales on websites like Expedia etc.

Sometimes the flights are slightly more expensive though (well, they are for us because we're in Perth and flying to Bali is ridiculously cheap, not sure which state you're in).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out Groupon. I have bought a couple of holidays on sale through their sight that were bargains. Also descent hotels.

I'm a fan of Malaysia and Thailand over Bali. If you go to Bali stay a bit further out- I'd avoid Kuta.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by clb84 View Post
    I prefer Thailand over Bali
    I've been to both twice and find the Thai's a nicer race of people and x
    On a related note I've heard that on the whole, the Aussies/westerners that travel to Thailand are better behaved than the ones that travel to Bali..