+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, Cooking tuna mornay from scratch takes ages when you consider cooking time for pasta. I generally need to gave a midweek meal on the table within minutes so i precook pasta and rice and freeze everything from taco mince, curries, casseroles etc etc. Mid week, our make from scratch meals include Baghdad eggs on toast, smoked salmon with salad, baked beans with fried egg, omlette with salad, haloumi with salad. 5 to 10 mins is about my time limit midweek 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Carbonara. Whilst pasta cooking you make the sauce.

Omelette

Eggs on toast
    Beans on toast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great ideas already (sorry if I duplicate)
    - I don't mind some lean cuisine frozen meals if I absolutely don't want to do a thing
    - make extra and freeze leftovers (mainly meatballs, slow cooker meal, lasagne)
    - frozen crumbed fish + frozen healthy choice chips and individual packs of steam veg (to microwave) or salad
    - omelettes
    - eggs on toast
    - baked beans/spaghetti and cheese on toast or toasted sandwich
    - boiled egg and haloumi salad
    - fresh pasta (ravioli, tortellini) with jar sauce and green salad
    - bbq chicken and salad or wraps/rolls
    - Jamie Oliver marinated chicken breasts take 10-15 minutes to cook serve with salad and steamed microwave veg packets
    - pita bread pizzas (I cook in a benchtop pizza oven takes about 5 minutes plus 5-10 minute prep)
    - if home pop a boneless pork shoulder/leg in the oven with sauce of choice and slow cook 4+ hours for pulled pork and serve with salad, veg, rolls, wraps etc requires no attention during cooking
    - slow cooker curry with chopped chicken, veg (carrot, potato and celery work well and don't go to mush) and sauce
    I'm hungry now 😀 and being Friday night and a tough day with bub I'm doing the ultimate easy dinner which never fails me - pizza delivery 😂

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine is chicken pesto pasta. Cook pasta. Shred BBQ chook and heat in pan with a Punnett of tomatoes and ajar of pesto. Drain and add pasta. 15 mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving the ideas.

I think frozen/tin veges will be your best friend.

When you feel like cooking do a bit extra. If you cook extra sausages one night the next night make curried sausages. Fry up onion add a packet frozen stir fry veg, cut up sausages and make sauce, serve over cous cous. Or make sausage rolls, wrap sausages in pastry and cook, serve with salad or steamed veg.

Pasta fav at mine is chuck pasta on, while cooking fry onion mushroom garlic and bacon. Add tin tomatoes, basil and cut up spring onion. Once comes to the boil add pure cream. Mix through pasta and serve.

Longer than 15min but I also like to put chicken kievs or similar on a tray with some cut up veg. Bake for 30min and done. Even tho it takes longer it requires no effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maple syrup baked carrots
    Silken tofu with vege stock
    Artichokes tinned in lemon juice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pasta with a sauce made with whatever veggies we have left in the fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grilled meat (any) and salad or steamed veges

For something easy, (but takes about an hour in the oven) Marinated chicken drumsticks / wings (I use 3 tbspoons tomato sauce, 2 tbspoons soy sauce, 2 tbspoons honey, 2 tbspoons lemon juice, 1 tbspoon oil) Prepare the night before and keep in the fridge, bung in the oven when you get home, serve with rice and steamed veges.

Chicken tacos - finely slice chicken breasts, saute in a pan with garlic, when cooked add tumeric, cumin, bit of salt. Stir a bit to cook off spices. Add a bit of water and one drained tin of kidney beans, put a lid on the pan, turn down low and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile chop up salad veges, grate a bit of cheese, warm taco shells (or soft wraps) in the oven. Enjoy.

Chicken with Rosemary and chilli sauce
    1 small chicken breast per person (or cut larger ones to size)
    plain flour
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
    1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or one fresh red chilli)
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup dry white wine (I use more)
    1 small chicken stock cube (I don't bother)
    1 tablespoon cornflour
    1 tablespoon soy sauce

Toss chicken in flour. Heat oil in pan. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in garlic, rosemary, chilli water, wine and stock cube. Bring to the boil, simmer covered for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from pan. Blend cornflour and soy sauce in a separate cup. Add cornflour mixture to pan. Return chicken to pan and cook for a few more minutes.

Serve with steamed veges or salad.

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
    4 chicken thigh fillets, sliced
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    200g broccoli, chopped
    2 tablespoons oil
    150 grams green beans, sliced
    1 small red capsicum, sliced
    1 medium zucchini, sliced
    100 grams snow peas
    440gram can unsweetened pineapple (I leave this out!)
    1 tablespoon cornflour
    2 tablespoons water

Combine chicken and soy sauce in a bowl, mix well.
    Boil / steam / microwave broccoli until just tender.
    Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add undrained chicken and stirfry until lightly browned. Add beans, capsicum, and zucchini, stir fry 2 minutes. Stir in broccoli, snow peas, undrained pineapple, blended cornflour and water. Stir until mixture boils and thickens. Serve with noodles or rice.

Beef and vegetable stir fry
    350 grams rump steak
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 green capsicum, chopped
    300 grams green beans, chopped
    200 grams baby mushrooms, sliced
    1/4 cup water
    1/3 cup unsalted cashews

Marinade
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce (I mostly leave out)
    1/3 cup plum sauce (I mostly leave out)
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    2 tablespoons dry white wine
    3 teaspoons cornflour
    2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
    1 clove garlic

Cut steak into thin slices. Combine steak with marinade in bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Heat oil in a large pan / wok, add undrained steak mixture and vegetables. Stir fry until steak is lightly browned. Add water, bring to boil, simmer covered, for a few minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with rice or noodles.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 22-01-2016 at 19:35.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (24-01-2016),Presh12  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Minute steaks with salad
    Chicken breast with steamed veges.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Scrambled eggs with cucumber
    Cheesy toast