+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Just wondering how people position their car seats with 2 children.

Currently DD1 is on the passenger side. I'm planning to move her and have the new baby on the passenger side. Do people usually move the older child to the middle or behind the driver?

Sorry it's such a silly question but I'm not sure which is correct or if there is even a correct position.

Also while I'm at it, does anyone know the minimum height to move a child to a booster seat? Everything I read says at age 4 but DD is very tall for her age so I'm looking a height requirement if anyone knows. Have googled but can't find anything.
    Currently DSD no longer has a seat, DSS is in a booster on the passenger side.

When baby comes, DSD will move to the middle, and the baby will go on the driver's side- so I can reach back if needed (I don't drive). DSS will stay on passenger side in booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies. For those who have their older child in the middle, right next to the baby, is this ever a problem? I'm considering moving DD to the middle so I'll still have a little space on the side of the backseat, but does the older child ever interfere with/ annoy the baby, or is it helpful having them right next to each other?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. For those who have their older child in the middle, right next to the baby, is this ever a problem? I'm considering moving DD to the middle so I'll still have a little space on the side of the backseat, but does the older child ever interfere with/ annoy the baby, or is it helpful having them right next to each other?
    Depends on the child. By eldest was a born mother who adored her sister to pieces. Worst I had was covering her in cream cheese once. Most of the time she was super helpful. Still is now they're 2 and 4, always putting a show on the iPad for her sister to watch.

Unfortunately the rewards she got for looking after her sister was having her hair pulled and being pinched. The youngest isn't as adoring...

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's no way I could've had my 20 month old next to the newborn. He would have poked him in the eye, tried to pull him out by his arms, shoved food in his mouth, etc ect. He isn't naughty but just a curious little boy. Even now at almost 3 yo and 1 yo I wouldn't have them side by side as the youngest one would get frustrated at being RF still and want to sit up/ see what big bro is doing.
    I would sit them next to each other now if ds2 was FF but I'm not turning him yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2nd and 3rd are 3yrs apart and my DD has always been next to the baby. When he was little she would pop his dummy back in, now she is incharge of keeping him awake if he looks like falling asleep when we're in the car and it is almost nap time. I think it depends on the age gap and the toddler though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have left my eldest on the passenger side and have DD2 behind me in the capsule. DD1 can get into the car on her own, so I open the door and then go around and put the capsule in, before returning to buckle DD1 in. I couldn't do that if her door wasn't kerbside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had Miss 2.5 in middle before Miss Newborn came along. Then Miss 2.5 went rf behind driver and Miss Nb is in a capsule behind passenger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mr 4 behind the passenger. when bub come we put him behind the driver.

Just last week i swapped to mr4 behind me and mr 10m behind passenger (still rf)

All children need to be in a 5pt harness till a minimum of 4years old, however travelling harnessed is much much safer than traveling in a booster with a lap/sash.

both infa secure and safe and sound (britax) have seats that harness the average child up to 8. Seats are now sold based on height, with labels stitched to the covers to indicate a minimum and maximum shoulder height.

There's no exceptions to the law, sorry. even if your child is big for their age, they should be in a correctly fitting carseat.

...ds1 isa big boy. he will be 5 in march and is still harnessed. he has about 2cm in a comfi caprice and 5ish in a maxi rider easy adjust, and the new seats available harness for much longer than these