+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Legally she must be 4 to go into a booster as pp said and she also must meet the entry marker on whatever booster seat you buy (this can vary significantly between seats). My 4 year old is in a Britax MaxiGuard. It harnesses to a 8-10yrs old so I never have to have him in a booster with with an adult seatbelt and it is the best car seat I've ever owned, so easy to install, great recline and DS loves it. As for positions I would put the newborn passenger side and the older child behind the driver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put our 4 year old behind the driver and the newborn was put behind the passenger. I don't know if our seats would have sat next to each other if one was in the middle

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 4 and a giant and I have her in an Evolve so she will be harnessed as long as she fits. OP it's really worth checking these out. I don't see the need for booster seats when there's something safer on the market.

When DD 2 was born I had her on the passenger side and DD1 (who was 2 at the time) in the middle. It was great that she was able to put the dummy in and soothe her. She was desperate to sit next to her sister.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (28-01-2016),MINIRoo  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have the baby behind driver, preschooler in the middle and toddler behind passenger. I find it safer to have the kids exiting onto footpath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I initially had baby behind passenger seat, had someone install capsule for me when I hired it, and I think this was what they recommended.
    But my eldest is at school now, and we do one of those drive thru pick up things at school, so swapped them over so he could get in the car by himself at drive thru. Also think it's safer to have the toddler/ older kids getting out on the footpath side, as mine can undo seat belts and get out themselves now, but still aren't entirely sensible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh does most of the driving and is 6ft3 so Dd will be moved behind the driver soon because a rear facing seat won't give him enough leg space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We literally never park on the side of the road, so I put the RF car seat behind my seat because I require less leg room than hubby when he sits in my passenger seat. DS1 is almost 3 and is behind the passenger seat. When we have a third I'm thinking he will go in the middle and then ds2 behind the passenger, if he is FF by then, and then baby behind my seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With two kids, I had the newborn on the passenger side, toddler in the middle. Made it easier to keep an eye on him, plus I didn't want him kicking the back of my seat while I was driving.

When I got to 3 kids, I had the newborn in the middle and the oldest behind the driver and the middle child behind the passenger seat. Even though it was a PITA having the newborn in the middle, it had to be this way because the older two kept on fighting and I needed them separated.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 22-01-2016 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put the newborn behind the driver. Reasoning is so i can get the other kids in & out on the kerb side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Right now my youngest is on the passenger side, and the other kids (all aged 8+, not in restraints) pick any other spots (7 seater car).

My DD is 4 and in the 95th percentile for height, and still has a little while left before outgrowing her convertible car seat. I'm in no hurry to put her in a booster, will wait until her shoulders reach the shoulder markers.