+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    weird double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Thank jeebus I'm not alone
    Totes not alone! ! Sometimes our dog has little holidays with my in laws. ..if we go away etc. And they do not treat her like a dog. Even more crazy is a that they a little stuffed toy that looks like our dog to have! ! Lol.
    Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes it would annoy me. If my sister and I say anything about our (human) children my mother will instantly respond with an anecdote about her cat. I'm glad she has her cat for company but she needn't be so quick to change the topic from you know, her grandchildren.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (22-01-2016),FearlessLeader  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would annoy me a little. Not enough to hold a grudge or anything but enough for me to want to vent! Vent away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Yes it would bother me. A sore point for me is when mil buys sil dog a Xmas present or random toy but not our dog. I questioned her once on it and she said simply "well that's her kid. She doesn't have any kid yet so that is her child". So i think quietly to myself. Yes, OK I get she doesn't have any kids and I know she would like kids one day soon but there is history and that was her choice. Pets can be family, they should be too, but kids/children are human, pets or fur babies (not that I like that saying but it's acceptable enough for me) are animals. When I mentioned that our dog is considered family too the response I got was along the lines of "but that's different. You have the girls".

My rationale says she either rates sil dog (horrible, untrained, clumsy, huge oaf of a dog who jumps on everyone and rarely told off for doing so is kept inside all day even when there are visitors, pregnant visitors and visitors with babies and toddlers) as equals to our girls and our dog(who proved she was willing to use the last of her strength while literally on what could have been her deathbed as she was very ill from parvo to protect us against a scary looking stranger who came to the front door after we had spent thousands of dollars on her treatment) is not worthy, or our girls are on the same level as sil dog.

Our poor dog gets nothing from her. Ever. Lucky she(our dog) gets Christmas and birthday presents from us then!

Does it grind my gears slightly when people refer to dogs as kids? Since mil made those comments, Just a tad.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 22-01-2016 at 10:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it wouldn't...we say our dog is our last child, though, so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to be upset if my mother referred to her dog as her kid.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not had this situation, but i think I would be a little annoyed to have a dog/cat get more attention, and affection than my children, grandchildren. my son and daughter in law, have a Labrador and I buy him a xmas present, but that is about the limit of how far I go. I speak to him when we visit and may give him a pat. they treat the dog as part of the family, but he is still the dog, he is not inside, and he is not demanding attention. marie.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think our own mothers have greater ability to annoy us with little things than then general population would.

So hearing you tell the story doesn't annoy me at all. If it were my mother though? OH THE RAGE.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (22-01-2016),CakeyMumma  (22-01-2016),dido  (22-01-2016),FearlessLeader  (22-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (22-01-2016),KitiK  (22-01-2016),Moxy  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes it does annoy me a tiny bit. If I am in a mood, I tend to follow oh the fur kids I thought you were talking about your real kids you know the ones you gave birth too. But than again I problems with my parents deciding their younger friends or rellies they are their kids too. To the stage they were was of them being put in the will as equals. Now these so call friends have mostly disappeared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I think our own mothers have greater ability to annoy us with little things than then general population would.

So hearing you tell the story doesn't annoy me at all. If it were my mother though? OH THE RAGE.
    Absolutely this.

Even the story from the point of your mum to my mum.

My poor mum doesn't have a very long straw before anything she does gives me the Sh!tz and really, I'm the first to admit it's me being over the top but she just bugs me!