+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting the carbs right was my biggest challenge too

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE:
    I have been maintaining my readings through the day quite well and find I tend to opt for the healthier options so creating healthy eating now is good to continue after bub is born.. but of course not as many carbs will be consumed after bub is born going back to my usual meal plans etc......

I am on insulin at night (before bed) it's at about 22units per night but have to increase by 4 (which I have to do tonight so that will get me to 26units) I have been told that is quite low as some women have to have 100's of units per day to keep their sugar in check it doesn't seem to matter what they eat.. So I feel like at least I have it a bit easier.

Don't get me wrong I am over it, I am 30 weeks and have already been doing testing for a bout 13 and insulin for about 10 or so weeks but I only have 8 weeks left max.. They don't let you go full term when you are on insulin so once I have my U/s for 32 weeks in two weeks they will schedule a c-sec in and I will have my date. I am a bit nervous and don't want to tell anyone the date (except my mum who will be coming down to mind my oldest while I am in hospital) but I am also excited I don't have to do this testing for much longer and even better get to meet our baby boy.

I am hoping that I go before and get to experience a VBAC however I am not holding my breath I was very over with my first I doubt I will go before 38 weeks but you never know. I am preparing for both, I don't want to get induced not from my last experience of 14 hours of irregular labour then having to have a c-sec with a general because I felt the test cut.

I have spoken to the anesthetic dept also about that and they are going to sway towards a spinal block rather than a epi as it will be more successful for me as the epi didn't seem to take last time even though they topped it up a few times.

Here's hoping whatever happens we are all safe and baby is healthy and I get to see bub as soon as he is born (not like last time I had to wait for hours for recovery) Fingers crossed, I am staying positive and it's not long to go.

How is everyone else doing? Sorry it's been so long between posts the time has just flown in some ways.

Have a great week
    AA8

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say eventually this will all seem like such a minor thing and you will wonder what you were so stressed about!

I was diagnosed with GD at 16 weeks with my 5th child (first GD baby). I freaked out at first and it was a frustrating journey. My fasting levels were 5.3 at the GTT and that got me diagnosed. They later went on to be the most challenging levels (all other levels controlled by diet).

I was put on Insulin and Metformin at night (56 units of Levimer ended up being my "magic number". They induced me at 38 weeks (I had a previous Shoulder Dystocia birth and this combined with taking insulin resulted in the early induction). He was born 4.5 hrs after having my waters broken! No drugs and fantastic birth with not even a graze!

I ended up 7 kg lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to the GD diet and now my little boys is 4 weeks old it all seems like a distant memory.

Good luck with your journey.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

AceAri8  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you BelJane much appreciate your story and reassurance.
    I am feeling much better these days rather than earlier on it was so overwhelming and time consuming but it's just a routine now. I keep going up on my night insulin too but I am not too worried hoping I find my lucky number too soon, I am up to 30 units which I know is not that much. I haven't put any weight on since Dec and bub is growing well.

Can I please ask with your other children were any of them Caesar?
    I ask because my first was and it was an emergency c-sec (ended up to be after 3 days of induction methods then on the 3rd day the drip and 14 hours irregular labour then epi and I only dilated 2cms)
    I would love to try vbac but I am not keen on getting induced, so I guess my only hope is this baby comes early on it's own which needs to be before 38weeks - as I have been told the same because I am on insulin they won't let me go any further.
    SO I can get a scheduled caesar and although vbac would be more preferable it might be a less stressful option in my circumstance as it would be more controlled and I have already discussed with the Anesthetic dept about having a spinal block instead of a epi if I need it for a natural or indeed for my caesar as my previous experience I felt the test cut and panicked on the table and had to have a general which meant I didn't see my baby till 2ish hours later. I would like to avoid that at all costs.

I am just really not sure whether to get induced I think it might cause a lot of stress because of my previous but what if it worked out???
    Thank you for your help and your kindness.
    Cheers
    AA8

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not had a c-sec but all my births have been via induction (first 3 because I was well past due dates). My inductions have all been great but obviously I am not sure how this would work with a V'bac.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

AceAri8  (27-04-2016)