+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Necessary to upgrade to an SUV?

With 2 kids, no! No need to upgrade.

I've got 3 kids and own an outback. It's a cross over, is both a wagon and suv but doesn't look like an suv.

The only thing I will say is you might need space for pram.

When we went to Ireland in 2010 after our second was born, we hired a golf and we only had room for the pram, not much else in the boot.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 22-01-2016 at 05:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, not necessary at all. We often have 3 in our toyota corolla for short trips. I liked having a small car with two children, as its lower and easy to get babies and toddlers in and out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. No need to upgrade if you do not want to. We upgraded from a Mazda 2 after having no 1 (to a Skoda Octavia wagon) but we had planned that for years. Certainly not upgrading again now no 2 is on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely no need. There will be plenty of room for 2 seats across and if you choose a compact seat like the Britax SlimmLine it should fit behind the seat in front fine.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 22-01-2016 at 15:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to say we have hardly any room, Holden commodore, 2 car seats and city select with seat and bassinet attachment. We will be upgrading when we can afford to. We don't have space for large grocery shop

Thanks
    Reviews
    I upgraded to a small suv when I was having our second but mainly because we were going to have a 3rd straight afterwards.
    Definitely not necessary though. See if you can fit the pram with double seats in the boot comfortably? You may have to take the wheels off which is no biggie, I still have to do that in my 4wd if I have all seats up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! I feel reassured. I'll double check that the pram fits in the boot and just see how we go, hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Necessary to upgrade to an SUV?

With a city select that has2 seats or 1 seat + bassinet? You'll have next to no boot space left.

I had 2 car seats in a small lancer and it was fine, but once I got my city select I had nowhere for shopping.

You can do it, but it will probably be a bit annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Mazda CX-5 but also work in Real estate so signs take up most of my boot space so if we go a second (only pregnant with first) I might look at the CX9 just to allow for more room but otherwise I think the Cx5 and Mazda 3 have similar sized cars and boots and I'm sure it will be big enough! Wait until the 2nd comes along and make the decision then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have an oddessy and I can fit 3 across.

Just a note. We moved to a 7 seater once we had our second as we were planning for the "future". Like now I'm babysitting my cousins child and I can fit my three plus the extra child into my car. This for me is great for play dates or Kindy pick ups I used to often pick up other kids if needed.