+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Where does everyone get their jeans? I love my just jeans skinnys but they don't maternity. I prefer to try jeans on (with my short legs) so online isn't an option.
    Jeans west.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jeans west for maternity jeans.

I have bought most of my corporate wear from ASOS, and some other stuff from Ripe.
    I don't feel I have too much, although i have a lot more than others here have. I travel for work and often in front of customers for days at a time meaning I can't wear the same thing twice in a week. I've got far more work clothes than casual, which is pretty sad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I honestly bought 1 maternity singlet and that was just because I saw it on sale for a couple of dollars and grabbed it.

Everything in my own wardrobe fit me until I had Dd at 41 weeks.

I'm a size 14, so not petite or ' thin' But the only thing that changed on my body was my bump, so I just wore what fit over it. Most thing I own are stretchy anyway.

I work in a corporate setting now but still wear the same type of clothing so I imagine I'd be able to get wear out of most of my work clothes if I were to get pregnant.

In other words, I'd stop buying for now if I were you and wait to see how you go.

It's better to invest in some good maternity bras and feeding singlets if you plan to breastfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

Before I was showing I only bought things if there was a good sale, like 40 % off as it would be likely it wouldn't be on sale once I needed it.

To begin with at work I just bought the next size up office shirts but made sure they were loose fitting style shirts. These fitted me until I left work. I bought 3 maternity office black pants from Target.

DH ended up buying me a nice black maternity dress to wear out.

Then I just had 3 pairs of maternity shorts & a few singlets & couple of shirts. And some jeans.

Oh & maternity bras too

I didn't go too crazy & am glad I didn't as I only wore them a week or two after having dd. They're now all packed away until we're ready for baby #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Where does everyone get their jeans? I love my just jeans skinnys but they don't maternity. I prefer to try jeans on (with my short legs) so online isn't an option.
    Yeah Jeanswest I got mine from, super comfy they quite regularly have 40% off sales & usually also have them at a good price at one of their DFO shops too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vikster View Post
    Wow, sorry to say but it seems that you've spent a lot of money for maternity clothes. Check out ASOS' range - people say very good things about their maternity clothing being comfy and reasonably priced. Also you can get basics from Target, Crossroads and even Bonds (free shipping). For $600 you can get soooooo much stuff!
    Thanks I had a look but anything I could possibly wear to the office is quite dear there too. Anyways, I'll hold off.
    Last edited by NORgirl; 27-01-2016 at 21:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't spend much - two target dresses, two bras and two target pants - wore them in constant rotation and just had stretchy tees. I still wear the same now (10 weeks post birth) with the target nursing strap pay vest. You don't need much. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

I spent a fortune on maternity clothes. Probably too much! But I also worked in a corporate environment and had to look smart for work. A lot of the things I bought were from Metalicus so did me right through from the early pregnancy bloating stage to almost 30 weeks (my bump was huge!) the good thing was that the clothes still kept their shape and as they were not specific maternity pieces were able to be worn again when not pregnant and will also do for the next one. I had a couple of ninth moon dresses for the later stages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Asos definitely! The cross over drape style tshirts are great as they act as a built in nursing cover and have good boob access, some styles on plenty of brands have very small access ports!
    The plain mat stuff is cheap on Asos too, but Thier nursing range is getting better all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    By way of update I started wearing maternity at 20 weeks. I was very glad to just be able to choose them in the morning and not have to scramble to get to the shops.

bras... I had to go up a size then use an extender and now bought proper wireless feeding bras