+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice. Yes I do hope to have more than one Bub!

all the maternity tops and dresses I got also work for breastfeeding I believe.

i work in a corporate environment so leggings and loose tops are unfortunately out of the question...

I'll hold off with buying any more though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pretty small until post 20 weeks and had only bought maternity jeans. After that my belly get huge, but I also found my hips and rib cage spread so be careful pre buying sizes until you get to each stage. I loved metallicus stuff for casual wear, wore it through bfding and onwards but asos is great for work pants, skirts and shirts. I ended up with 1x jeans, 1x leggings, maternity tights, 2x pencil skirts, 2x singlets, a couple of dresses, 2x button up shirts. I wore all my normal jackets and purchased a bunch of stretchy stuff I still wear 2 years later. The only maternity things I kept were the jeans and one dress, the rest was very worn and I never wanted to see again! I've spent more on bfding friendly clothes (I had lots of high necked stuff) which are just normal clothes that accomodate feeding as I wasn't a fan of a lot of the specific nursing clothes and have been bf for 2 years so wanted normal clothes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where does everyone get their jeans? I love my just jeans skinnys but they don't maternity. I prefer to try jeans on (with my short legs) so online isn't an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Where does everyone get their jeans? I love my just jeans skinnys but they don't maternity. I prefer to try jeans on (with my short legs) so online isn't an option.
    I know you say online is not an option but seriously look at asos. I have about 3 pairs of skinny maternity jeans. They do short, regular and long length! The short length is perfect for me (158cm).
    Returns are very easy you just do it online, print the form & drop the package in the letterbox, refunds came through about a week after I sent things back.
    Pretty much my whole maternity wardrobe was from asos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I know you say online is not an option but seriously look at asos. I have about 3 pairs of skinny maternity jeans. They do short, regular and long length! The short length is perfect for me (158cm).
    Returns are very easy you just do it online, print the form & drop the package in the letterbox, refunds came through about a week after I sent things back.
    Pretty much my whole maternity wardrobe was from asos.
    If the refunds process is simple then I'd be happy to try. I just had a look and there is one pair I really like. I'm the same height. Do the mat jeans come in petite also?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

Yes sometimes they don't have every style in the short length, you just have to see what's in stock. I think I have 2 pairs of the Ridley maternity Jean in short length (light & dark) 1 other style.
    There is a returns link on the website, just follow the prompts and pay the fee (about $8). One hitch is you can't exchange if the size is wrong, you have to return and purchase the different size.
    I have quite a few asos mat dresses too - very addictive!
    ETA: I just logged in and def got the Ridleys, but the others were "ankle grazer" style jeans, didn't have to get them taken up.
    Last edited by rosey82; 25-01-2016 at 23:06.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've gone topshop (I know you said no online). I am short as well and just go their 30" inseam ones which are the perfect length.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really liked my mat jeans from jeans west. They have a pretty decent maternity range actually, just not every store has the full range - so find out which stores near you have everything!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

I am short too and find jeans really hard to fit well. I bought 2 pairs or mat jeans from just jeans for $109 they are really great!!! Super stretchy, have the tummy expander sections on the side in the same colour of the jeans rather than the nude colour tummy belt you see on others. Highly recommend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is quite a lot of maternity clothes, when you don't know how big you may or may not get! I Only bough two actual maternity items! A black skirt and black leggings. The other things I bought were just a size bigger than I am usually, couple of maxi dresses and a few floaty tops. I'm petite though and had a tiny bump, most maternity clothes were too big any ways. I have heard that just jeans and jeans west maternity are a good buy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-01-2016)