+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

I am 8w5d. Not really showing. Haven't told work.

yet... I can't stop buying maternity clothes

it it started when at 6w I suddenly woke up with a bigger cup size. That was a bit embarrassing at work.

so now I want to be prepared. But how prepared is over prepared?

i got two skirts from szabo and new moon and two tops. One little black dress. Then I ordered two dresses from purpless in the UK cause they looked so pretty. And today it was Danii Minogues maternity range at target, a pair of office trousers and a top.

So so two skirts three dresses one pant and a few tops. I've spent $600 so far. That should see me through no?

please tell me I'm not alone?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol sounds like you have a new hobby. I'm 33 weeks along and to be honest I bought about 4 maternity items all up. Moreso because I couldn't find anything l liked and couldn't justify spending a lot of money. I have just been wearing my normal maxi dresses. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Very exciting!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

DT75  (21-01-2016),NORgirl  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maternity clothes are often cheap if u look around, bf clothes however seem dearer! Look at Asos if u like to buy things there's at least good prices there! Enjoy! Be careful though while ur early on, I beefed up heaps around shoulders and chest so what was way too big at end first trimester was good by end of preg or didn't fit if was good early....I'm only smallish pre preg and the change in my upper half was amazing....so hold back a little, to see if u beef up more....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    34 weeks here.

I bought:
    1 mat shorts
    1 mat jeans (went overseas for xmas and it was COLD)
    2 mat tops
    3 mat bras
    2 mat singlets

The singlets are for hospital though and after- for breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How many maternity clothes are too many?

I've bought nothing really. as others have said, I can't justify the money on what (in the big scheme of things) is such a short amount of time.

I've bought some basics like leggings, singlet etc.

for work (and I only ever wear skirts/dresses to work, I feel like a man in pants 😂) I bought some nice target dresses in a size up.

the rest of the time I've coped with a mix of what I have (maci dresses etc) and my new basics.

it's entirely up to you how you spend your money and how much stuff you buy. if you're enjoying it and it makes you happy, then do it!

ETA 34 weeks here too (35 on Saturday!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    34 weeks here.

I bought:
    1 mat shorts
    1 mat jeans (went overseas for xmas and it was COLD)
    2 mat tops
    3 mat bras
    2 mat singlets

The singlets are for hospital though and after- for breastfeeding.
    did you guys end up going to Ireland or not? for some reason I thought you cancelled the trip?

sorry to derail thread! 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've pretty much bought myself a new wardrobe. I still want more stuff.

I hate wearing the same 2-3 outfits on rotation. I need more variety. Especially as I get bigger, as I have days where I feel great and days where I feel like the size of a house, so dress according to my mood.

I have tried to buy pieces I can adjust later (eg. dresses and tops I can take in), but even if I don't, they can be worn when/if I'm lucky enough to have a second bub. Or I'll just sell them.

(PS - I stopped adding up how much I spent on mat clothes after my second or third order. Too scary to think about! All I think is how happy they make me feel 😉).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get any maternity clothes til about 20 weeks. Up til then I wore my normal clothes that were stretchy/loose.
    I ended up with a couple of pairs of maternity jeans (next uk and Kmart), a dress from asos (mamalicious), an awesome pair of maternity pants from Sussan - black and could dress up/down boots/flats, and a few maternity tops from asos, Sussan and Kmart. That was plenty. Oh and a good pair of maternity bathers for my hydrotherapy sessions. Even at the end I was wearing my non-maternity stretchy clothes over my bump 😀
    I would invest more in your post-birth wardrobe to be honest. Finding nice, durable, practical breastfeeding clothes (if you're planning on BF) is expensive and difficult lol. I'm so sick of wearing the same 4 tops on rotation (DD is 6 months old).
    I also wasted a lot of $ on maternity bras I can't wear as for some reason they give me chronic blocked ducts so I either free-ball them at home or wear target soft maternity crop tops 😂
    If buying the clothes brings a smile to your face enjoy it, such a special time!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP. I would suggest if you can buy maternity wear that can double as nursing wear (I'm sorry I shouldn't assume you will breast feed). After I had my bub, I realized I had few clothes to feed in!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have quite a lot of mat clothes.
    I work in a corporate environment, so I have bought work stuff as well as casual stuff.
    I have:
    2 x work dresses.
    1 x work trousers
    1 x work skirt
    4 x work shirts
    2 x jeans
    1 x mat shorts
    2 x singlets
    4 x casual dresses
    And a couple of casual t-shirts and leggings etc.

In other words, HEAPS!
    I haven't worn a few items yet 😂

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (21-01-2016)