+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Positive straight after miscarriage

Last month on the 24th I miscarried very early, I think it would have been a missed miscarriage if I hadn't been testing frequently. Last Friday I had a blood test to make sure I was clear to try again my hormones had dropped back down to 0. Yesterday 20/1/16 I tested again because we started trying straight after I stopped bleeding and it came up positive, today it's still positive, I've done 8 tests all positive!! Doctor said to wait 2 weeks for a blood test but has this happened to anyone else and had it result in a full term pregnancy? Could I be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This happened to me... The result was dd3 who is now 3.5. Fell pregnant with her 3 weeks after an early miscarriage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Seliina  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a miscarriage at the end of November. I didn't stop bleeding until the 2nd of December, I didn't have another AF. I got a positive pregnancy test on the 6th of January and so far all going well 😃

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sashie For This Useful Post:

Seliina  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    This happened to me... The result was dd3 who is now 3.5. Fell pregnant with her 3 weeks after an early miscarriage.
    Sorry new to the site so not sure if I'm replying correctly. Thanks for the reply I'm pretty conflicted about it I just want this one to work out but the dr didn't seem confident but there was no complications with the first mc I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't tested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Seliina View Post
    Sorry new to the site so not sure if I'm replying correctly. Thanks for the reply I'm pretty conflicted about it I just want this one to work out but the dr didn't seem confident but there was no complications with the first mc I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't tested
    It can be an anxious time. Why doesn't your Dr seem confident about this one? Sending lots of sticky vibes xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    He said pregnancy tests weren't reliable, I had 8 different ones and a digital one 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a new doctor! Of course pregnancy tests are reliable, 1 or 2 maybe dud but not 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I guess I should you've given me much needed help I'm trying for my 2nd my first being 7
    I'm 25 I was told it's not a good sign that it happened at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with Sashie! That Dr has NO IDEA what he/she is taking about!

Firstly, you can not possibly get 8(!!!!) false positive pregnancy tests. No way.

Secondly, around 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Age has nothing to do with it, and your chances of it happening again are very slim. You actually have a better chance for a successful subsequent pregnancy within the first 3 months after a miscarriage.

Finally, there's absolutely no reason I can think of why you'd be told to wait weeks for blood tests! Every time I've been pregnant (4 times), I've been sent for bloods immediately and then for a follow up 2 days later to make sure my hcg is doubling.

Definitely get a new Dr!

And congratulations on your pregnancy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Seliina  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Agree with Sashie! That Dr has NO IDEA what he/she is taking about!

Firstly, you can not possibly get 8(!!!!) false positive pregnancy tests. No way.

Secondly, around 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Age has nothing to do with it, and your chances of it happening again are very slim. You actually have a better chance for a successful subsequent pregnancy within the first 3 months after a miscarriage.

Finally, there's absolutely no reason I can think of why you'd be told to wait weeks for blood tests! Every time I've been pregnant (4 times), I've been sent for bloods immediately and then for a follow up 2 days later to make sure my hcg is doubling.

Definitely get a new Dr!

And congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Totally agree with all of this!