+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Darwin nt mummys i need your advice!

Local darwin mummys, Im currently living in south australia but moving to Darwin (stuart park area) early march with my darling partner. Just wondering what sort of birthing options you have up threre? if there is a birthing centre or private birthing suites etc? Ive tried to research but havent found much and will be having bub #1 up there still havent found a GP or OBGYN yet either!!
    As much knowledge in this area would be much appreciated !! Thankyou in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madie1811 View Post
    Local darwin mummys, Im currently living in south australia but moving to Darwin (stuart park area) early march with my darling partner. Just wondering what sort of birthing options you have up threre? if there is a birthing centre or private birthing suites etc? Ive tried to research but havent found much and will be having bub #1 up there still havent found a GP or OBGYN yet either!!
    As much knowledge in this area would be much appreciated !! Thankyou in advance!
    I used to live in Darwin, pre children, but I have a girlfriend who literally had her baby about a week ago at the Darwin Private Hospital and her OB/GYN is Dr O'Callaghan. I just checked our facebook chat as she told me all the info, I am due to have my 3rd baby but I am through public and Qld...I don't know much about the private health system. Apparently the birth suites are pretty flash, like a hotel room she reckons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Madie1811  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second the previous poster. I am not from Darwin but my gf is living there and due with no1 and is going to the same hospital and OB as above, apparently he is the best up there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm leaving Darwin next month but have had two babies up here. Your options are:
    Darwin Private Hospital - only 3 obs to choose from - Andrew Miller, Jenny Mitchell and Stephen O'Callaghan. Heard mixed reviews about all of them but PM if you want and I'll pass on what I have heard from friends who've used them.
    Royal Darwin Hospital - public hospital. You can go through antenatal clinic where you see Obs/MW depending on your circumstances and birth in delivery suite then be transferred to maternity ward. I had my babies here and have no complaints.
    You can put your name on the list for the midwife run birth centre if you have a straightforward pregnancy. I did a tour but wasn't eligible - looks lovely and I've only heard good things.
    Other option is the home birth service. I only know one lady who used them and loved them.
    Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

Madie1811  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just had my twins 2 years ago with Dr Andrew Miller at Darwin Private Hospital. He is lovely and does whatever is in the best interest of your health and baby's health.
    I also had Dr Callaghan look after me for a couple of weeks while Dr Miller was away earlier in the pregnancy, and he is also extremely good at his job.

There is also a birthing centre at the Royal Darwin Hospital, where you can go home after just a few hours if everything is well.

Both hospitals are extremely caring. I had a scare very early on and was looked after at the Early Pregnancy Clinic at the RDH.

GP wise - I've been going to Dr Pranali Shah at the Top End Clinic at Casuarina, and have taken my babies there for the odd cold.

I am born and raised in Darwin so if you need any further details feel free to pm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KS09 For This Useful Post:

Madie1811  (23-01-2016)