+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hydrosalpinx and falling pregnant naturally

Hi all,

Just after any feedback from anyone that may have been or are in a similar situation to myself.

Bit of a long story.. 2 years ago I had a left sided ectopic pregnancy. Ended up in emergency surgery and the surgeon conservatively operated and saved my tube. 7 months post this I managed to get pregnant then miscarried early. And since then haven't been able to fall pregnant.

We sought help September last year from a fs and she's been really good. I was commenced on Clomid and she scheduled an exploratory lap to check things out and do dye studies etc. from that op she found that my right side was fine, ovaries fine, uterus was good however I was diagnosed with a hydrosalpinx on my left Fallopian tube. She had said if she had consented me she would've removed it then but didn't so it may have to go at a later time.

Fast forward through 4 controlled cycles of Clomid with scans and Ovidril trigger shots and still no pregnancy. I had a review with my fs and she recommended having the damaged hydrosalpinx tube removed.

I was told that the hydrosalpinx leaks fluid back into the uterus which can inhibit a pregnancy from taking place.

So I had surgery this week and had my tube removed. This month we will just continue the Clomid and next month go to Gonal-f and try that and if that doesn't work then we are headed for IVF.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and did you fall pregnant naturally (without IVF) post having the removal?

TIA

B 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hydrosalpinx

Hi there, I had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube which ended up rupturing and was removed. I had an ultrasound later down the track as I wasn't falling pregnant despite clomid and ovulation tracking etc and it was found that my left tube had a hydrosalpinx likely from the damage and inflammation from the previous ectopic. I tried to go ahead with ivf but in the egg collection they saw proof of the hydro leaking fluid in the endometrium so I got the second tube removed and thankfully fell pregnant from a FET after that. Have they confirmed that your other tube is ok? There is still a good chance of falling pregnant with only one tube as long as it is healthy. Clomid may really help as it can often lead to ovulation from both sides which increases your chances falling with one tube. Wishing you much baby dust, I think you have done a wise thing getting the hydrosalpinx tube out x
    Just to add, I would give it a few good months of clomid before heading for ivf :-)
    Last edited by bel2466; 23-01-2016 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hi there, I had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube which ended up rupturing and was removed. I had an ultrasound later down the track as I wasn't falling pregnant despite clomid and ovulation tracking etc and it was found that my left tube had a hydrosalpinx likely from the damage and inflammation from the previous ectopic. I tried to go ahead with ivf but in the egg collection they saw proof of the hydro leaking fluid in the endometrium so I got the second tube removed and thankfully fell pregnant from a FET after that. Have they confirmed that your other tube is ok? There is still a good chance of falling pregnant with only one tube as long as it is healthy. Clomid may really help as it can often lead to ovulation from both sides which increases your chances falling with one tube. Wishing you much baby dust, I think you have done a wise thing getting the hydrosalpinx tube out x
    Just to add, I would give it a few good months of clomid before heading for ivf :-)
    Thanks for your reply! Great to hear you had success also. I had read a lot about hydrosalpinx and inhibiting pregnancy but it's good to hear from someone else.

They have confirmed that my other tube is patent and looks fine. I've had two surgeries now and both times she's confirmed this. So I'm hopeful we will have success without needing IVF.

B xx