+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swimming in the TWW! Help!

Hi everyone.. I know I might sound paranoid but I had an embryo transfer (3 day embie) on Tuesday morning and then went for a swim yesterday afternoon so about 30 hours laters and now I'm worried that I shouldn't have.

I called my clinic and the nurse said it *should* be okay as long as I didn't jump in as it can force water up. I explained that I walked in via the steps and was just bobbing around to get out of the heat. She went on to say the FS has said swimming and baths are okay as long as I don't raise my core temp. I'm still worried because she said no point in worrying because there would be nothing I could do about it now but I told her id rather know so that I don't go in again! She said nah should be okay...

Has anyone else gone swimming or in the pool in their 2WW? I feel bad now and feel like maybe I've stuffed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you were just paddling around to cool off then that's perfectly fine. Probably better than being out of the pool getting all hot and sweaty!

Just stay away from heated spas and strenuous exercise (like doing serious laps).

I went swimming during the 2WW and it was fine.

I know its easier said than done but try not to worry, you haven't done anything wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Hearing positives stories helps! I really shouldn't have googled it because so many women say they have been advised against it! It's kind of scary to know so many people have told it can affect implantation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to do deep water running not only before I got pregnant but most of the way through my pregnancy too. I can't see it being a problem.. All the best for your TWW!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I used to do deep water running not only before I got pregnant but most of the way through my pregnancy too. I can't see it being a problem.. All the best for your TWW!
    That's so good to hear!!! I thought it was okay which is why I did it but then I looked for confirmation that it was okay and found so much saying not to that it made me worry. Lesson learnt.. Don't google things after the fact! Or maybe just don't google things!

Thanks
    Reviews

You probably got a bit of enjoyment out of your swim, anything to bring your stress levels down during TWW! I swam a bit during my TWW with my toddler, can't say I was very lady like lunging for him in the water... Don't think water got pushed up... But I am about to have another baby!

Step away from Google!
    Last edited by Olive Oil; 22-01-2016 at 00:26.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I went swimming after my egg pickup and transfer. I have a 16 month old as a result. The best advise my fs gave was to relax, have that wine, that there was nothing I could do after the transfer so carry on living life. He was absolutely right

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    I called my clinic and the nurse said it *should* be okay as long as I didn't jump in as it can force water up.
    Force water up where? Up through your vagina, through a likely closed cervix and into your uterus?

Would love to know how that works!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep apparently so! The nurse said jumping in water can cause a sudden burst of water into your vagina which can cause a douching affect and apparently the opening to the uterus is the slightly larger than the size of a pen tip so it's possible for fluid to seep in but she then went on to say that there is mucus and ovulation fluid in there helping to protect the embryo... I didn't know it was possible even from reading stuff on the net but she explained all that to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought you couldn't after egg pick up as there was infection risk from the needle through the vag walls. Nothing too hot was what I was told. I wouldn't give it a second thought and I wouldn't stop swimming if you didn't have EPU.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post: