+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all for your advice and support. My SIL is taking bubs tomorrow night for the night. I tried to talk to him last night and he lost it. Very angry and said hurtful things. After all your advice I read up on pnd for dads and my heart broke for him even though he was being so nasty. He went to work this morning and came home a hour later and cried. Not just a man sob but bawled. Basically he doesn't know what's wrong he doesn't feel right said he is really trying but feels like he is failing bubs and me and he knew it would be hard with a newborn but never expected it to be like this. Drs appointment for later this afternoon he is tucked up in bed and has been sleeping for couple of hours. They tell you about pnd bfor both mums and dads but it never occurred to me that's what could be going on. From the bottom of my heart thank you all for opening my eyes to it I don't think I would have clicked. Onwards and upwards although it may be tough times ahead I feel like I can cope.....I even brushed my hair today for the first time in a week. Xxx

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to muncher For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-01-2016),babyno1onboard  (22-01-2016),dido  (22-01-2016),FirstTimeMummy2012  (22-01-2016),HillDweller  (22-01-2016),JustJaq  (22-01-2016),MrsA2B  (22-01-2016),Olive Oil  (28-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (24-01-2016),Tamtam  (22-01-2016),TheGooch  (22-01-2016),VicPark  (22-01-2016),Wise Enough  (22-01-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im glad you are getting some help, and im glad you seem to feeling better. I hope he continues to accept some help for himself, and you and he begin to work together through this tough time. For myself, I would ask him to stop the drinking sessions at the pub on the way home. there is nothing to be gained from alcohol and he needs to be with you and bub so he can bond as a new family. hugs, marie.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs for you and family. I am not too far away from giving birth to my partner's first baby. I have two children from a previous marriage. We already have troubles so I am a bit concerned how this will affect him as he is already trying to cut down his drinking and he is a bit down due to not currently working. He has mentioned that he doesn't feel like he is contributing. I am already worried we are heading for tougher times...i am hoping this worry is for nothing...i commend your hubby for coming to you when he couldn't cope. I don't agree with how he spoke to you but it takes a man to show emotion...hope you can sort things out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs to your partner and you. You're both very brave xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hang in there OP. Glad things have clicked into place - that's the start of things looking up

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things going @muncher?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has been such a emotional week. He has never been a big drinker or gone to the pub a lot so I guess that also should have been a sign. He was hospitalised monday for severe anxiety and depression. We have a great support network going. The hospital where gave birth has arranged for people to come out and see me had a lady yesterday and she is coming again tomorrow. My friend has come to stay and gets home from work and helps with everything. Hopefully he comes home next week but if he doesn't its not the end of the world. He is safe and getting help. I can't wait for him to come back but only when he is better. It's just a bump in the road

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to muncher For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-01-2016),CJ81  (28-01-2016),FirstTimeMummy2012  (28-01-2016),HillDweller  (28-01-2016),MrsA2B  (02-02-2016),Olive Oil  (28-01-2016),SuperGranny  (29-01-2016),TheGooch  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so so so glad he's getting help OP. Many of us (myself included) may have just booted him out, but you have taken the time to be understanding and realise it's not who he is.

I hope he is well again soon. It's fantastic you have a supper network.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    Has been such a emotional week. He has never been a big drinker or gone to the pub a lot so I guess that also should have been a sign. He was hospitalised monday for severe anxiety and depression. We have a great support network going. The hospital where gave birth has arranged for people to come out and see me had a lady yesterday and she is coming again tomorrow. My friend has come to stay and gets home from work and helps with everything. Hopefully he comes home next week but if he doesn't its not the end of the world. He is safe and getting help. I can't wait for him to come back but only when he is better. It's just a bump in the road
    I am so so glad he is getting help and that you seem to be in a better space yourself. He is lucky to have such an awesome Partner and don't worry, he is in the right place and will be home and better soon xx