+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I pregnant?

Hi, ok I've been holding off asking this question online because even doctors can't seem to help me..
    My partner and I did an at-home insemination on 23/09, I fell pregnant but miscarried on 19/10 (at 5w, 4d).
    We then did another insemination on 30/10, I then got my 'period' (or what doctors told me was a late period) on boxing day 26/12 (at exactly 5w, 4d..again).
    The thing that is puzzling me: my 'pregnancy symptoms' have been on queue throughout this entire time, but my blood and urine tests keep coming back negative. I am A- blood type so eed an anti-D injection at certain intervals throughout pregnancy. To top it off, the past 2 weeks I've developed a noticeable 'baby bump' (my partner and everyone I've shown have said it looks more like pregnancy than it does fat).
    I'm experiencing most of the symptoms for a second trimester pregnancy: fluttering in stomach; breast size/shape changed; larger areola; stretch marks on sides; foggy thinking; vaginal changes etc..
    I have an appointment next week to get an ultrasound (as a general health check up), but in the meantime I'm going crazy!

The only conclusion I can come to: From our first insemination, I fell pregnant with twins. One was a positive blood type, the other negative. My body produced anti-bodies and attacked the positive fetus, thus causing me to miscarry on 19/10. The other fetus, being a negative blood type, was unharmed. I've read that some women don't produce any readable hcg throughout their pregnancy..and have regular period-like bleeding..maybe I'm one of the 'lucky' few who do this??

Please help me..if you have any information or insight on this topic PLEASE, I need your help. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would think to have those physical changes you would have to be a fair way into the pregnancy..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Skitmac88  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems pretty unlikely that you are pregnant, have you done a good quality home pregnancy test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes the heart just wants to be pregnant so badly that you see symptoms when really there aren't any.

Even if we disregard the fact that you are still bleeding monthly, the negative home pregnancy tests and the inability of the Doctor to detect HCG on your blood tests, if you were pregnant to the point of physically looking pregnant, your Doctor would be able to feel your growing uterus and confirm your pregnancy that way.

Sorry OP, I can see that you want this very badly but I think you may be grasping at straws.

Blossom

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-01-2016),MonkeyMumma  (21-01-2016),Nemmi1987  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This mad me a little bit sad. I hope you were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi op. I can see that you're quite distressed over this. Whilst I really don't have any answers for you, something crossed my mind that I want to put as sensitively and delicately as possible.

Have you ever heard of phantom pregnancy?

Perhaps do a Google search in the meantime whilst waiting for your ultrasound as I can't link the articles I found here.

I wish you the very best and I hope you get some answers soon. Big hugs, you must be very stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will also just add on that I have had some experience with Phantom pregnancy. When we were trying to conceive this baby I was 100% sure I was pregnant, I wanted it so badly and had all the symptoms and everything. I tested everyday and still got negatives but my mind just said I was and my 'symptoms' kept getting worse. Then my period came. Your mind can talk your body into amazing things. Just take some time to relax, after it happened to me I just took it as it came and that was the month I really did fall pregnant. If you really really think you are, get an ultrasound referral or pay for one out of pocket. If you are as far as you think you could be then that's a sure fire way of finding out for sure either way.