+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overwhelmed

Hello ladies,

I'm 34 and my partner and I have been trying to conceive for 12 months now. Started seeing a FS in Oct 2015, since this time I've had a HyCoSy ultrasound which found that I have polycystic ovaries (but not PCOS). Temp charting and OPK have not yet shown that I ovulate (not a surprise I guess). I was due to start clinical ovulation tracking with pessaries and a trigger early Jan (day 8) but AF never arrived which is the first time
    ever. I'm now day 54 (usual cycle is 33), and have been into the clinic for bloods and scans. The scan showed that I have upwards of 10 follicles per ovary all below 9mm, it also showed that my uterine lining was only 5mm. I'm off to my FS now on Friday to start Clomid this weekend. My FS ans the clinic all have had the opinion that I will have to head down the IVF path. I've heard that Clomid should be started around day 5, but I'm also concerned about the affect Clomid can have on your lining. Wondering whether anyone else has been in a similar situation and whether I should be asking to try something like Femara instead of Clomid. 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Overwhelmed

Hi Missy moo, I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I have pcos and had irregular cycles with some cycles of non ovulation. I've been managing my pcos, cycles and infertility issues for many years now. Just from personal experience, these are my suggestions, feel free to ignore..
    - clomid 100mg worked to shorted my cycle and helped me ovulate
    - vitex did the same as clomid. It regulated my cycle and brought my ovulation about 4 days earlier which was great. (Ps never take clomid and vitex at the same time though!)
    - in terms of poly cystic ovaries and annovulation a low GI diabetics diet and regular vigorous activity really helped my overall health and my cycle. Kinda eating healthy and going for walks etc never did much but a few months of low GI eating and boot camp 4 days a week and I fell pregnant with my DS.

Clomid gave me headaches and night sweats but my lining was fine. They just don't suggest using it for more than 6 months without a break as it can build up in your system and thin your lining. I've also been on letrozole which worked great and didn't have the side effects of clomid

It's fairly uncommon to have a regular cycle and not be ovulating at all, I'd try diet and lifestyle changes plus clomid or similar personally before jumping on the ivf train. It's a difficult, expensive and emotionally draining journey that you want to avoid if possible.

Wishing you lots of baby dust xx
    Last edited by bel2466; 20-01-2016 at 21:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I hope I can be of some help/reassurance being some what similar to you.
    My Husband and I were also ttc for about 12-18 months with no luck, I was diagnosed with Pcos and then went on metformin for 12 months to see if that could help balance me out.
    After no real luck with that, although j do found it helped somewhat regulate my periods, I wasn't ovulating.
    I started clomid back in September 2015, and after my first round I discovered I was pregnant.
    I am now 15 weeks and all going well.
    I feel clomid just gives that push to help ovulate and that must of been my only down fall due to the pcos.

I know we aren't exactly the same in our situations but I felt clomid was just the extra bit of help needed and j have been advised that all looks perfect in there (lining etc).

I hope this helps and all goes well my love.
    God bless and most of all keep him in your heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice ladies.

I am pretty fit and healthy, I train about 4-5 times a week doing crossfit. My partner and I have a mostly clean diet, but I'll have a look at how the Low GI diets compare and see what we can tweak. 😊
    I have heard Vitex can work, perhaps I'll suggest it to my FS tomorrow and see what she says.

I certainly want to avoid if at all possible, the IVF route.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missymoo0034 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (21-01-2016)