+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @Oela, are there any grand parents around? Your DH and BILs parents? Both your DD and X are their grandchildren, how would they take the news? Support X or your DD?

I agree where you said a lot of teenagers have issues whether they've been abused or neglected or what ever but they take it out in other ways.

You're such an amazing mum who has held it together so well. I really hope your DH comes around and is angry at X as you are. I agree with the PP, you need counselling together. I know it's okay not to see eye to eye on some things in a relationship, but this is something you need to be on the exact same page with, the same sentence in fact. For the sake of your DD and your marriage.

I hope you can enjoy your weekend. Hold your DD tight and give her a really happy and fun weekend. Maybe sit her down over some ice cream or a favourite treat and just ask her how she's feeling. See whether she brings it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    X spent a lot of time with dh's parrnts growing up and at one point were his guardians, my fil passed away a few years back and mil is quite old and frail now, who will she support? I'm not sure, probably X since she's closer to him and doesn't spend that much time with dd, considering how sil reacted I think she'd brush it off as a silly mistake. He has a big family, there's 9 brothers and sisters (dh I mean) and I don't plan on everyone knowing, not because I'm ashamed but I don't want anyone blaming dd me or saying anything stupid to me (like bil initially did by saying it was dd who maybe had a crush or whatever) If one more person tells me he's just a kid who made a mistake I'll rip their eyeballs out. If anyone says one wrong thing to me I'll rip them to shreds, so it's better I don't talk to anyone.
    It doesn't benefit dd either, there's no chance they'll be in the same room and no one will question it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oela For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (23-01-2016),VicPark  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's strange how they can excuse his actions by saying he's "just a kid" but then insinuate that a four year old child could tempt a much older person and encourage an adult act. Gross.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (23-01-2016),VicPark  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My thoughts exactly, that was bil, a 4 year old can be such a temptress...... Moron.
    My family on the other hand is very close to dd and my parents would be devastated, one of my brothers would probably hurt him. It doesn't benefit dd right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you going in terms of emotional support for yourself Op? Have you considered seeing a counsellor so you can confide in someone who will really listen and support you through this tumultuous situation? Speaking to a trained professional would be more beneficial than someone emotionally attached to you and Dd I think. Remember to look after your own wellbeing too, not just your Dd's. Sending hugs

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (23-01-2016),SuperGranny  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Hi Oela,

How are things? How are you and your DD? What has been happening with your nephew?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (22-02-2016),VicPark  (08-02-2016)