+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What age did your kids watch movies?

I've been so looking forward to the day I can snuggle with dd1 on a rainy or lazy or sick day to watch a Disney film - she's 3 next week but still struggles to watch a tv show without wanting to do something else let alone sit still and enjoy a whole movie....
    So what age did your kids start to sit and watch a movie?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 40 and I still struggle to sit down and watch a whole movie without doing something else at the same time! It drives DH mad!

At the cinema, about 4 was when DD no longer needed to get up and walk the steps or play at the front for some part of the movie.

At home, probably about 5-6 yo, but only if she's in that sort of mood (eg. after a few big days going out lots). It really does depend on the movie though.

My 2.5yo has really good focus (even daycare comment on how much longer he focuses on a task than his age peers), but is 99% of the time doing something else at the same time as watching TV or a movie.

It depends so much on the kids though. Their cousins both turn into zombies the minute the TV goes on and would happily sit and watch 3 movies back to back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Around 6 for my kids. I've always loved kids movies so I was looking forward to watching them as a family, but neither of mine were interested until about 6.

They would happily have the tv on in the background while they played before that age, but that was about the age where they were actually interested in sitting down and watching the movie. They are both very sensitive so also struggled with the intensity and scary scenes of a lot of kids movies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Around 2/3. Dd3 happily sits through a whole movie (sometimes a few movies) and has done for ages, she is 3.5. Dd1 and dd2 were the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was around 2.5 years old I think. DD was older - maybe 4ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS is almost 5 and he still won't sit for a whole movie.

There are a few movies he likes, but he'll still play with his toys and do other things while they're on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DSS was about 2- he is one of those kids who falls into the tv when it is on, even if it's the news!

DSD still doesn't really sit and focus for longer than 45 minutes- but she is like that with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty young, younger than 2. My DS is a really hyperative child, but watching a movie seems to be really calming for him, one of the rare times he'll relax. He's 2.5 now and will request which movie he wants and snuggle on the lounge with me to watch the whole thing (with any particularly scary parts fast forwaded), he's done that for quite awhile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds would have been about 3.5 but only the movies he really loved he would sit and watch uninterrupted.

Dd is 22 months and still won't even watch a tv show. I don't think she has ever paid attention to a single thing on the TV. She won't be watching movies for a very long time I would say.