+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use it in my smoothies, Ds had a few sips and it sent him cray cray.. Won't be giving it to him again! I'd try the carob powder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know a few of you have said that cacao contains caffeine but this is incorrect, there is no caffeine in cacao powder!
    My girls have cacao in bliss balls, muffins and protein shakes. They love it..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (20-01-2016),felicia81  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I know a few of you have said that cacao contains caffeine but this is incorrect, there is no caffeine in cacao powder!
    I'm relieved to hear that it doesn't have caffeine cos I put loads of it in my bliss balls and our family all devour them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    You're right, it does not have caffeine It actually contains theobromine which has a very similiar affect to caffeine, highly stimulating.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-01-2016),Stretched  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the carob, you can buy good quality australian carob (it's a ground up seed pod) which has a delicious, chocolately flavour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Yes please....would love to hear your ideas
    I'll preface this by warning all the "My child eats all organic-sugar-free-chia-seed-omega3-loaded-etc" parents that you will not like my suggestions. But unless you have had a very fussy eater who is not gaining weight, please reserve judgement. My first child eats an amazing, healthy and varied diet - I know how to get a normal kid to eat. My 2nd threw me completely!

The trick has been finding the things he likes and giving him lots. Once he was getting his macro-nutrients and actually content/growing properly again, his feeding on the whole got better. I also had to cut down his fibre as he was pooping 5-10 times a day, so on top of the suggestions below he will also eat white bread/pasta/crackers/etc. (I know, I said some of you will cringe at his diet!)

Butter - he loves butter and will eat it off a spoon, on nice fatty crackers like savoy or jatz, on bread. Ditto penut butter and nutella. If she doesn't like butter, try solid coconut oil or perhaps even lard (they all taste very different).
    Cream - he will eat lightly whipped cream from a bowl with a spoon.
    Peas and Corn - both of these have loads of carbohydrates, plus yes he does get some micro nutrients.
    Eggy pancake - he won't eat an omlette, but if I mix an egg, some milk and 1-2 tablespoons of self raising flour and cook it as pancakes in a pan he will scoff them.
    He will eat zucchini slice - so here I do sneak in loads of very finely chopped (food processor) or grated veggies and lots of cheese.
    Cheese - he goes through phases of liking grated, sliced/cubed and those plastic processed slices. I always have all on hand as he's mostly vegetarian so gets lots of protein from cheese.
    Ski Divine Vanilla yoghurt - it is full fat and sweetened with sugar. It tastes so creamy! So many yoghurts are low fat and artifically sweetened. It also doesn't have any fruit lumps.
    Crisps and hot chips - say no more, they make anyone put on weight!
    Cinnamon donuts - as above x 10000!
    Homemade shortbread (I use the recipe on the side of the rice flour box).
    Nutri grain and Special K - both higher in protein than most cereal and thankfully he actually likes them both.

It pretty much reads like a list of what to cut out of your diet if you want to lose weight, hey? He does eat raw carrot and cucumber, cooked carrot, risotto with all sorts of veggies in it and quite a few fruit. So he is getting vitamins as well, these things form the 'bulk' of what he eats. As already mentioned though, he really is slowly getting more and more adventurous.