+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    All anti-aging over the market stuff is a waste of money.
    Protect your skin from the sun ( hat and suncream), drink plenty of water, and don't drink alcohol or smoke.
    If you drink enough water you don't even need mousturiser. The only way yo truly nourish your skin is from the inside out.
    Disagree. I dink plenty of water, always have. My skin is dry and I need moisturiser, period. I've needed it since I was in my mid teens. If I don't use it my skin quite literally starts to peel and is awfully irritated. I'll grant you, water definitely helps and I notice a massive change to my skin when I don't drink enough, but to suggest that you don't need moisturiser if you drink enough water simply isn't the case. Might be for people with more oily skin, but definitely not for me.

I do agree with PPs though, you don't need to spend money on big brand names who charge through the nose for a tiny pot of product.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use loreal, I have oily skin. Olay made it more oily. I think it's a trial and error.
    I also use the sun sense sunscreen with a tint it was 50spf I think it's spf.

I know people who use Nivea aswell. They like it.

I've heard coffee dehydrates skin, not sure how true it is.
    But yes, drink plenty of water.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 41, and have applied Olay Sensitive Skin moisturiser twice a day, every single day since I turned 16! Honestly, I'd never use anything else - it's cheap (about $15 from the supermarket), it lasts a long time (probably 4 or 5 months) and best of all I have hardly any wrinkles. People always guess my age as being 7 or 8 years younger than I am, and always pick my younger sister as being older than me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

J37  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try an oil - like rosehip oil. I tend to use it at night. Just a few drops on damp face/neck. Use a cleanser that is cream based rather than foaming- it is less drying and should be less irritating to sensitive skin. Eye cream I use bobbi brown. So expensive but it is the only one that does not sting.

For day cream - up to you really. Whatever does not irritate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you want to start dabbling in some affordable products, I personally recommend the brand Simple. I find their moisturisers and foaming cleansers really gentle and effective.

I don't 100% stick to any skincare brands, as I like to change it up and try new things, but I always know I can go back to the Simple range.

At the moment I'm using a Neutrogena Hydro Boost foam cleanser - I really like it. My skin can dry out easily with the wrong product, but this has been great for my skin. For moisturiser, I'm using Garnier Moisture Match - this I also really like.

As a general rule, I like a foaming cleanser that's non-drying and a rich moisturiser that's easily absorbed and non-greasy. The above products fit the bill perfectly.

I was using Sukin rosehip oil at night in the winter months, but I've skipped that lately. I'll probably go back to it, or some other face oil when the weather cools down (my skin is less dry in summer).

I pretty much never get sunburned on the face (I had a serious sunburn incident many years ago, lesson learned), which helps. The sun is terrible for ageing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I have pretty sensitive skin and my dermatologist told me not to 'fall' for the whole skin care product thing. I just use cetaphil face wash and only moisturize with cetaphil if my face is dry. For my eyes, my skin is pretty sensitive around there and can get dry so for years now I've just bought vitamin E capsules and I prick them with a pin and rub the oil all around my eyes every night. May be my genes but my eyes are pretty good on the wrinkle front. ☺️

Eta: like gingermillie, I also always use sunscreen. I use invisible zinc as a 'primer' for my makeup but my tinted moisturizer always has spf as well.
    I've had dermatologists recommend cethaphil too, although lately I find it just doesn't cut it at certain times of the month, DD is using the moisturiser and it does seem ok for her, but my skin is just too dry so it does nothing for me. But it's definitely a cleanser I always have on hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I have pretty sensitive skin and my dermatologist told me not to 'fall' for the whole skin care product thing. I just use cetaphil face wash and only moisturize with cetaphil if my face is dry. For my eyes, my skin is pretty sensitive around there and can get dry so for years now I've just bought vitamin E capsules and I prick them with a pin and rub the oil all around my eyes every night. May be my genes but my eyes are pretty good on the wrinkle front. ☺️

Eta: like gingermillie, I also always use sunscreen. I use invisible zinc as a 'primer' for my makeup but my tinted moisturizer always has spf as well.
    Does the cetaphil face wash remove foundation/BB cream?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following... I use dermologia everything and want to find cheaper stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Following... I use dermologia everything and want to find cheaper stuff.
    I love Dermologica but it's out of the budget now. I've swapped to Cetaphil - I use the Gentle Cleansing lotion (with a Muslin cloth for exfoliation) and then finish with the moisturiser. During the day, I then use a tinted moisturiser with SPF (I normally use a Mecca one but have just started using The Base LB cream and I really like it). I'm still searching for that elusive eye product though - my eye area needs help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Does the cetaphil face wash remove foundation/BB cream?

TIA
    I find it does - I do two washes - one to remove creams/make up then a second to clean the skin (this may be over kill but it's just habit). I also use a bit of Muslin cloth as it gently exfoliates at the same time.