+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Skin care regime HELP!

I've recently turned 30, & have come to the realisation that I really need to take better care of my skin. I already have eye wrinkles, & I am genetically prone to saggy skin & wrinkling. At the moment, all I do is moisteurise with soebolene in the morning before I apply makeup, &at night, wash my face with water & moisteurise with sorbolene again. Due to sensitive skin, I havent really had much luck with cleansera or toners in the past, but I do think I need some sort of day cream, a night cream, & eye cream... is that all the essentials? I dont want to be dragged in by clever marketing to buy expensive creams I dont need.

So please share! What do you do to take care of your skin, & what products do you recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have any product recommendations as I don't use anything really. I wash my face with ph balanced cream liquid soap and moisturize with johnsons moisturizer lol. But what I will say is (I'm 33) I have worn sunscreen on my face every day for the past 15 years and I do believe this one thing has kept my skin looking youthful. I hardly have any wrinkles. I think sun is the biggest enemy so if you're not already using sunscreen then make sure you have at least spf15 coverage on your face every single day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're better than me, I don't do anything. I'm starting to look old

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always use a bb cream. Garnier is my favourite and you can buy it at Woolworths. I often buy it when it is on sale. It has sun cream in it too so I know I am protecting my skin at the same time. If you have fair skin though it may be a bit dark. I buy the light one and it is fine for me, but I have about a medium shade of skin.
    I used to live dermalogica skin care but can't afford it these days. I use whatever is on special when I do a food shop

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to use a cheap one from Coles but then on a whim started buying the pomegranate range from body shop and will not turn back now as my skin has never looked or felt so good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Estée Lauder, since I've started approaching my mid thirties, (and becoming totally obsessed with eye wrinkles,) I have switched from the time zone range to the resilience, I regret not switching sooner. I also use a serum. It is quiet expensive, so I've been doing some research and am thinking of switching my night time routine with rose hip oil, or immortelle oil, which is apparently amazing for skin and wrinkles.
    I'm just a little iffy with these essential oils and not quiet sure how to tell your getting the real deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 37 and in the past few years have used National, Sukin and more recently Palmer's (the cocoa butter mob; the now do a face skin care range). I find my skin a lot dryer now and need rich products but it's also very sensitive. Palmer's night cream along with their facial oil has been a god send. I've had random people tell me my skin looks good and asking what I use. I also use a BB cream during the day instead of just foundation alone as I need the extra moisture.

Quick tip: I follow a make up artist on You Tube (Wayne Goss) and one of his tips is to use double to triple the amount of moisturiser you usually use. His opinion is that women don't use anywhere near enough. Since doing this, I've seen a huge improvement. I put on a decent blob, let it absorb, then put on another decent blob.

(My recommendations are limited in terms of brands because I only use cruelly free which rules out most of the major brands names. Plus, I'm a tightass and try and keep the cost as low as possible 😂).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Skin care regime HELP!

I have pretty sensitive skin and my dermatologist told me not to 'fall' for the whole skin care product thing. I just use cetaphil face wash and only moisturize with cetaphil if my face is dry. For my eyes, my skin is pretty sensitive around there and can get dry so for years now I've just bought vitamin E capsules and I prick them with a pin and rub the oil all around my eyes every night. May be my genes but my eyes are pretty good on the wrinkle front. ☺️

Eta: like gingermillie, I also always use sunscreen. I use invisible zinc as a 'primer' for my makeup but my tinted moisturizer always has spf as well.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 20-01-2016 at 06:15.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LaceyGracie  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All anti-aging over the market stuff is a waste of money.
    Protect your skin from the sun ( hat and suncream), drink plenty of water, and don't drink alcohol or smoke.
    If you drink enough water you don't even need mousturiser. The only way yo truly nourish your skin is from the inside out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I don't have any product recommendations as I don't use anything really. I wash my face with ph balanced cream liquid soap and moisturize with johnsons moisturizer lol. But what I will say is (I'm 33) I have worn sunscreen on my face every day for the past 15 years and I do believe this one thing has kept my skin looking youthful. I hardly have any wrinkles. I think sun is the biggest enemy so if you're not already using sunscreen then make sure you have at least spf15 coverage on your face every single day.
    Good advice. I am the same. I use "Olay" moisturiser for sensitive skin with SPF15. I put it on my face and neck EVERY day, even in the middle of winter. You'd be surprised how much incidental sun exposure one gets. I've done this for the past 15-20 years, and agree that it is probably the major contributor to why I have no wrinkles, and few blemishes.
    Olay is cheap, from Coles, and doesn't feel greasy.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app