+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    If you do leave, make sure you initiate financial settlement proceedings immediately. Actually it may be a good idea to see a lawyer before you leave and have things set in motion already.

The reason I advise this is because financial settlement is based on your financial position on the day of settlement NOT the day you separate. As he obviously has a problem with finances and will stop at nothing to gain access to money, delaying means that you could find yourself in the incredibly unfortunate position of being responsible for a portion of a large amount of debt he may rack up post separation. I have heard that gambling debt can potentially be quarantined from the settlement, but I would depend on that happening.

Do this ASAP!!!!
    Nearly 3 years after leaving my ex and a next month a full year being divorced... We have court in 2 weeks (that I had to initiate) because he tried to stitch me up with a loan that he promised me on numerous occasions he was refinancing.

DO NOT TRUST HIM WITH YOUR FINANCIAL NAME!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As in why it's not in their .. @Wise Enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sick. ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you need to get onto this ASAP or else you're going to be left with crippling std (sexually transmitted debt). and hey guess what? it'll be another way he can exercise control over you, delay you being able to leave etc.

pay no attention to his emotional manipulation sand getting stroppy. he's a child with a slapped a$s who's sooky he's been caught.

normal spouses don't secretly try to obtain lines of credit in their partner's name without telling them first. and yes, you need to do much more than just "click a link" to increase someone's credit limit.

this guy is a walking talking joke.

he's a dirty snake in the grass. I'd start making my own arrangements and talking to a lawyer, financial counsellor etc ASAP. at least a yourself with knowledge and info and set some wheels in motion. don't wait around til it's dire and he leaves you with a $50k cc debt.

the banks are unsympathetic and won't care how the credit was obtained. they'll just want their money. stop this in its tracks now before it gets more out of hand.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-02-2016),~Marigold~  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ask him why it's not there. See what sort of bull story he spins you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    I feel sick. ..
    I know but sitting around and complaining doesn't really help much. I get that bub hub is your support and you should continue to use it as such as there's lots of wonderful ladies offering support and advice.

but ultimately it's up to YOU to action this. please please please, don't allow him to do this.

cancel the card if you have to and get yourself a visa debit card which he has no access to.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-02-2016),~Marigold~  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked him and he said that I think I can cope then let's see how I can cope ...now it's stared all again him yelling. ..he said how dare I accuse him of something he didn't do he made a mistake and forgot to tell me ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked him and he said that I think I can cope then let's see how I can cope ...now it's stared all again him yelling. ..he said how dare I accuse him of something he didn't do he made a mistake and forgot to tell me ...
    But he did do it!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BluePixie For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm still seeing lots of talk and no action.

what do you need to do to leave?

how many kids do you have and how old are they? what savings/money/assets of your own do you have?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He said that I am being a drama queen over it and made a big deal over it and the way I asked him was rude and sarcastic and I was being a *****...