+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    No she's breathing on her own always has they gave her caffeine because she's young it keeps her brain active so she remembers to breathe which is very common in premmies.
    She got her canula out today because she's on full feeds. Today's the first day I properly believed she'll be ok and truly bonded with her and I think that's because I went home. I struggled so much yesterday and Friday I was a total mess.... That's why I discharged myself I was afraid I'd have a breakdown. And now I'm home my symptoms came back so frustrating....
    I'll go to emergency tomorrow
    Yep those prems love their caffeine! The nurses and I always used to joke about how much DS loved his cinos.

Honestly, she sounds like such a strong little girl!! I bet you'll be taking her home before you know it.

How're your boobs going? I got mastitis so many times with my prem.

Take care and do let us know how you get on tomorrow xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm truly not trying to scare you but I had to tell you my experience because you have chosen to discharge and that was concerning me all afternoon tbh. I'm so pleased your bub is doing well. Please just be vigilant until you are given the all clear.
    No you didn't scare me
    I'm thankful for your story..... I'm going to hospital tomorrow and get checked out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Yep those prems love their caffeine! The nurses and I always used to joke about how much DS loved his cinos.

Honestly, she sounds like such a strong little girl!! I bet you'll be taking her home before you know it.

How're your boobs going? I got mastitis so many times with my prem.

Take care and do let us know how you get on tomorrow xxx
    They love their coffee, I really hope so I can't wait for her to be home.
    Boobs killed me when milk came in I was up all night crying to the nurses saying this isn't normal. I was already using a pump to get it to start I think it made it worse but that's what they told me to do. Ouch I hope I don't get mastitis I've heard horror stories....

I will thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    Not to be rude but the highest risk for having a seizure is after the birth.

Especially since you're still having neurological symptoms (the blurry vision), it's a bit concerning that you've discharged against medical advice.

It can take quite a few days, sometimes a week at least for blood pressure to settle down after pre-eclampsia, especially when you've had such severe pre-eclampsia.
    Firstly congratulations on your beautiful bub!

As I mentioned previously my experience was a looong time ago, so I don't really remember everything but I definitely agree with this, preeclampsia does not just go away after you give birth, we had made it to week 38, so my DD was fine, however my blood pressure went berserk, and I had to spend the week in hospital until everything settle down a bit, even then I had to spend the next few weeks monitoring my blood pressure and checking in with my dr.

Take care of yourself- especially as your still having symptoms, measure your blood pressure regularly, and if you feel something is not right go see a dr, right away, don't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the hospital now getting tested not feeling very well
    I couldn't sleep last night my body kept jerking me awake I haven't slept since my c section.
    Hopefully all the tests are clear and I can go home with some medication

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    I'm in the hospital now getting tested not feeling very well
    I couldn't sleep last night my body kept jerking me awake I haven't slept since my c section.
    Hopefully all the tests are clear and I can go home with some medication
    You're in the right place to sort it out and fingers crossed its the best answer. Try to rest while you're there even if you can't sleep. Sleep deprivation really is the worst I honestly feel for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe ask for something to help you sleep while you are there. There are some BF friendly options.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Maybe ask for something to help you sleep while you are there. There are some BF friendly options.
    Good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I went to my local hospital today feeling totally ****. Still having blurry vision and spots. They checked my bp, heart, chest X-ray, bloods and urine and everything came back clear.
    Blood pressure is up 140/92 it was 130/82 yesterday. They gave me 5mg of amlodipine and told me I was free to go home and go see my gp to monitor it.
    Does this sound ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you got checked out. What did they say about the blurry vision?