+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    What happened when it came on for you? How are you now?
    Yeah I understand I just had to get out I was loosing the plot.
    Was 140/90 always normal for you it's not for me
    I have taken meds for high BP before pregnancy so yeah with meds it is normal and not considered high but still within the range. I had a headache which was really bad and just wanted to go to bed. It was super high like 160-170/130 and enalipril didn't drop it at all and it just kept getting higher. It's not unusual to feel like you're losing the plot after having a bub, especially a traumatic one.

I'm totally fine now, took a little while but all good back to my normal meds. I don't want to alarm you OP but it's really important that you follow Drs with this one, if I hadn't been taking my BP at home and had gone to bed that night instead of hospital they said I would have seized in my sleep. ICU was awful and terribly difficult to be separated from my DD but pre eclampsia or post is potentially fatal and a very serious condition of untreated. Look after yourself, it will get better and baby blues are super hard too. Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I discharged my self from hospital
    I don't feel very well I'm anxious I can't sleep and I've got blurry vision a little bit.
    Everytine I try and sleep my body won't let me I'm so over it.
    I need to sleep and relax but I can't. I'm going to the doc tomorrow hopefully they can't help me monitor my blood pressure.
    My poor little girl is still in nicu
    She's doing great though.
    Not to be rude but the highest risk for having a seizure is after the birth.

Especially since you're still having neurological symptoms (the blurry vision), it's a bit concerning that you've discharged against medical advice.

It can take quite a few days, sometimes a week at least for blood pressure to settle down after pre-eclampsia, especially when you've had such severe pre-eclampsia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You've all scared me into thinking I need to go to my local hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    You cpuld call Health Direct to run your symptoms past them if you are unsure if you're worrying unnecessarily.

With blurry vision - a symptom of PE - I would not have left hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think anyone wants to scare you hon xx.
    Did the Drs say anything on discharge to look out for (symptoms etc...)
    I think you said you were going to your GP tomorrow? I think that would be a good plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably should seeing as the doctors didn't discharge you in the first place.

Even if it's just for observation to make sure your BP stays stable. Can you go back to the hospital that your daughter is in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we just saw her tonight I went upstairs and got bp checked it was 130/90 which is ok
    It's the blury vision that gets me, I might just go to hosp tomorrow. I won't be able to sleep anyway so I'll be able to know if I'm getting worse.

If I go to my local hosp I'll be happy they're meant to be transferring Bub back there this week because she's going so well and to free up a incubator in nicu....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    When we just saw her tonight I went upstairs and got bp checked it was 130/90 which is ok
    It's the blury vision that gets me, I might just go to hosp tomorrow. I won't be able to sleep anyway so I'll be able to know if I'm getting worse.

If I go to my local hosp I'll be happy they're meant to be transferring Bub back there this week because she's going so well and to free up a incubator in nicu....
    Oh wow! Your girl is going great guns if they're happy to transfer her closer to you!
    Is she on cpap or breathing on her own?
    I think heading to your local hospital tomorrow sounds like a great plan.
    Thinking of you both xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she's breathing on her own always has they gave her caffeine because she's young it keeps her brain active so she remembers to breathe which is very common in premmies.
    She got her canula out today because she's on full feeds. Today's the first day I properly believed she'll be ok and truly bonded with her and I think that's because I went home. I struggled so much yesterday and Friday I was a total mess.... That's why I discharged myself I was afraid I'd have a breakdown. And now I'm home my symptoms came back so frustrating....
    I'll go to emergency tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm truly not trying to scare you but I had to tell you my experience because you have chosen to discharge and that was concerning me all afternoon tbh. I'm so pleased your bub is doing well. Please just be vigilant until you are given the all clear.