+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh gosh she's a perfect little miracle!
    Congratulations mama!!
    Like @Degrassi, your story is so eerily similar to mine (including the pain issues and recovery) and seeing your little girl has sent me straight back to four years ago!
    I'm so glad you'll get to see her today.
    Thinking of you and here to listen anytime xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Congratulations @Reneeharry What a little beauty. Prems are so special.

Seeing your little bub brings the memories flooding back, even your birthing experience was quite similar to mine.

How are you going with pain? I was quite happy to ask for endone regularly!

I'm here for you if you have questions or need support. I've been there. It's a rollercoaster

That first hold of your daughter will be magical. Enjoy
    I got to kangaroo hold her today it was very special but made me realise how small she truly is. I'm still in hospital for another 2/3 nights hoping to go home on Sunday.

She's doing great in nicu it's very sad leaving her in there though....I'm ok I fainted in the shower yesterday morning after my c section and lost consciousness had 10 docs in the room giving me X-rays discussing what went on and they put me on oxygen. They then said I could have a blood clot in my lung and took me for a special radiation scan lucky it came back clear. So that was all stressful they said it could of been a seizure. But now they said it's because my blood pressure dropped and they didn't take me off my medication. I had a clexane injection this morning.

Pain wise I've just been trying to get by on Panadol and was doing pretty well. Last night I had one endone and I got another tonight my boobs are killing me I've been trying to express and they've gone rock hard and are extremely sore. Is that normal?

When you were home from hospital how often did you see your ds? And how long was he not home with you for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When did you stop seeing the lines or spots after labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    Pain wise I've just been trying to get by on Panadol and was doing pretty well. Last night I had one endone and I got another tonight my boobs are killing me I've been trying to express and they've gone rock hard and are extremely sore. Is that normal?

When you were home from hospital how often did you see your ds? And how long was he not home with you for?
    Normal regarding the boobs - very engorged and hot. I became a milk pumping machine whilst I was in hospital (and after). Are they getting you to express every 3-4 hours?

When I got discharged from hospital it varied how much I'd see DS as we had a 2 hour round trip to the hospital (it sucked) and I'd be reliant on others to drive me in because I couldn't drive for a bit post c-section.

Sometimes I'd only be in for a few hours, other times it would be several hours. I never went a day without seeing him though. He was in hospital a total of 5 1/2 weeks.

I found the day I was discharged from hospital and had to leave DS there was gut wrenching. I bawled my eyes out for hours.

Sorry to hear you fainted, a bit of an unwanted scare for you I'm sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When did you stop seeing the lines or spots after labour
    Are you talking about your vision hon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah
    I don't recall having anything like that? Then again it's been 5 years since I had DS and it might be something I've forgotten experiencing .

I'd run it by a midwife and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Normal regarding the boobs - very engorged and hot. I became a milk pumping machine whilst I was in hospital (and after). Are they getting you to express every 3-4 hours?

When I got discharged from hospital it varied how much I'd see DS as we had a 2 hour round trip to the hospital (it sucked) and I'd be reliant on others to drive me in because I couldn't drive for a bit post c-section.

Sometimes I'd only be in for a few hours, other times it would be several hours. I never went a day without seeing him though. He was in hospital a total of 5 1/2 weeks.

I found the day I was discharged from hospital and had to leave DS there was gut wrenching. I bawled my eyes out for hours.

Sorry to hear you fainted, a bit of an unwanted scare for you I'm sure
    Wow how very hard a two hour round trip mines almost an hour.
    I'm expressing every 3-4 hours with a little bit coming so that's good and they're giving it to her.

I'm discharging myself today because lm going crazy suffering from anxiety, crying not sleeping and not getting over what I've been through. It's going to be so hard to leave her here.
    Hardest thing I'll ever do.
    My bp is still high 140/90 with no meds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone have any long lasting affects after preeclampsia?
    How long after delivery did your no settle down?
    I'm such arguing myself from hospital today I'm not coping in here. Bp is still high 140/90

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, the main effects for me were blood pressure. I had high blood pressure plus protein which is why our dd was born. As soon as I had her my BP went down.

I was re admitted to hospital 6 days after having her (literally 1-2 days after I was released!) as my BP kept going back up again. I was at home & felt awful, just really off. Headaches, seeing dots etc. Did my BP at home & it was super high. Went back to hospital & I think it went to 160/110 (I'll have to double check that). It increased while I was in hospital but they were able to get it back down while there with different medication. I was on it for a couple of months after having dd but no longer need it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (31-01-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast