+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly I'd just lose the dummy now if it's already causing her problems with sleep. At such a young age it will be easier to do it now than later.

You mentioned a few times about 'scheduled' feed and sleep times. At 6 weeks old her needs are going to be constantly changing, so don't stress too much about trying to get her to stick to a set time, especially for feeds. The needs of a newborn change on a daily basis, they are totally unpredictable lol

You also mentioned that you have low supply. If you're not planning on continuing breastfeeding just ignore this but if you would like to keep going with it, feeding on demand would help get your supply up. Scheduled feeding is probably one of the biggest causes of supply problems. Just something to think about

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-01-2016),Minib  (20-01-2016),VicPark  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    Honestly I'd just lose the dummy now if it's already causing her problems with sleep. At such a young age it will be easier to do it now than later.

You mentioned a few times about 'scheduled' feed and sleep times. At 6 weeks old her needs are going to be constantly changing, so don't stress too much about trying to get her to stick to a set time, especially for feeds. The needs of a newborn change on a daily basis, they are totally unpredictable lol

You also mentioned that you have low supply. If you're not planning on continuing breastfeeding just ignore this but if you would like to keep going with it, feeding on demand would help get your supply up. Scheduled feeding is probably one of the biggest causes of supply problems. Just something to think about
    I'd love to ditch the dummy too. But DH doesn't agree to cold turkey approach. I need to suggest it to him again.

Yah when she was going through a growth spurt I let her feed when she wants. Even now I don't stick to scheduled feed. Give and take an hour for feeding.

I think re the BF we've been through it and I've accepted the situation. So I won't stress myself about it. She's getting more breast than formula anyway so I'm happy to keep it this way.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-01-2016),DarcyJ  (22-01-2016),VicPark  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VicPark not sure if you still remember but when you ditched the dummy, did your bubba want to feed more frequently?

Mine seems to do that. Overall she probably has one extra feed a day so about 100ml more than recommended intake (based on her weight).

I just don't want her to replace dummy sucking with bottle sucking and ended up overfed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey OP. I can't remember. If it was a large increase I probably would remember.

At 6-7 weeks chances are any increase in feeding is due to the '6 week growth spurt' and nothing to do with the dummy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Minib  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hey OP. I can't remember. If it was a large increase I probably would remember.

At 6-7 weeks chances are any increase in feeding is due to the '6 week growth spurt' and nothing to do with the dummy.
    Thanks! My gut feel it's growth spurt. She knows when to stop and hardly spew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hemarao View Post
    Glow in the dark dummies i think are from MAM as well
    Thanks @hemarao but we don't use dummy anymore. We stopped the dummy when she was 7 weeks old.