+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Curious - not sure what cry it out has to do with comforters or dummies?
    OP was asking about it at the end of her first post Luv.

I've been waiting for you to get here!!!😉😁

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    OP was asking about it at the end of her first post Luv.

I've been waiting for you to get here!!!😉😁
    Ta... Looked at the post but must of had a males look

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @BlondeinBrisvegas thank you for the encouraging words. I've read plenty of your posts. Always so encouraging!
    @A-Squared @gingermillie awesome! Thanks. I will look for them tomorrow.
    @miracle4me thanks for the article. I do mixed feeding so Bub doesn't feed as often. Not every 2 hours. More every 3-4 hours. I'm not able to solely BF not by choice but that's another topic.
    @A-Squared I've been patting and shoosing today. But she doesn't really need it today as she's so tired after her 6 week jab. I still use dummy as it calms her down straight away.

Dummy works a treat until it falls out on other days. Today she's too tired to care. Poor little poppet.
    @VicPark can I please ask how old your Bub was when you chucked the dummy? Did Bub cry the house down? Mine was so hysterical that I couldn't comfort her. She was so angry. I know I'm the boss but it was hard seeing her like that. And how long did it take your Bub to register? I'm ok with her using dummy. It's more the constant cry when it falls out and she kept waking herself up. Re the swaddle we used to swaddle her whole body but she kept fighting to bring her arms out. So we figured she hates the arms wrapped up. Then we ended up using sleeping bag which worked but haven't been using sleeping bag for weeks now. Not sure why. Maybe i need to use it again. Would you use it for day sleep too?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick pipe up from me to say that bub might be hungry (about time for a growth spurt!) so sleeping may improve after that's over.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-01-2016),Minib  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's why I have been feeding when she gets up even if it's slightly early than scheduled feed. She def had a growth spurt. She was unsettled for a few days

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    That's why I have been feeding when she gets up even if it's slightly early than scheduled feed. She def had a growth spurt. She was unsettled for a few days
    If you continue with what you are doing re: settling etc she should go back to 'normal'. It does not help during sleep deprivation though! Hope you find a solution that works for you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Minib  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    If you continue with what you are doing re: settling etc she should go back to 'normal'. It does not help during sleep deprivation though! Hope you find a solution that works for you
    I had a 1.5 hour nap today when she did so I'm feeling much more recharged.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-01-2016),twinklify  (19-01-2016),VicPark  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @Minib I would maybe try a love to dream swaddle. It keeps their arms up by their heads.

My kids both got their arms of their swaddles, not because they didn't like them but I just couldn't swaddle to save my life and they always got out of them and the love to dream swaddles saved my sanity!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post

@VicPark can I please ask how old your Bub was when you chucked the dummy? Did Bub cry the house down? Mine was so hysterical that I couldn't comfort her. She was so angry. I know I'm the boss but it was hard seeing her like that. And how long did it take your Bub to register? I'm ok with her using dummy. It's more the constant cry when it falls out and she kept waking herself up. Re the swaddle we used to swaddle her whole body but she kept fighting to bring her arms out. So we figured she hates the arms wrapped up. Then we ended up using sleeping bag which worked but haven't been using sleeping bag for weeks now. Not sure why. Maybe i need to use it again. Would you use it for day sleep too?
    Hey there. My first born was somewhere around 6 weeks when I chucked the dummy (right after the episode where I watched it continually fall out of bubs mouth). Yes bub did cry a bit but to be honest bub was 6 weeks and likely would have cried regardless of what I did. I can't remember when bub 2 chucked the dummy because we only used it once or twice.

I would definitely look into a swaddle. This is absolute key at that age. Maybe your bub being cranky has more to do with wind/being overtired/hungry/needing to poo/light shining in the room/room being too noisy rather than the swaddle. Try ltd swaddle like the OP mentioned. Or go to big w and get one of those cotton zip up swaddles - awesome with my bub nr 2!

Ps did I mention swaddling is the key?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Minib  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hey there. My first born was somewhere around 6 weeks when I chucked the dummy (right after the episode where I watched it continually fall out of bubs mouth). Yes bub did cry a bit but to be honest bub was 6 weeks and likely would have cried regardless of what I did. I can't remember when bub 2 chucked the dummy because we only used it once or twice.

I would definitely look into a swaddle. This is absolute key at that age. Maybe your bub being cranky has more to do with wind/being overtired/hungry/needing to poo/light shining in the room/room being too noisy rather than the swaddle. Try ltd swaddle like the OP mentioned. Or go to big w and get one of those cotton zip up swaddles - awesome with my bub nr 2!

Ps did I mention swaddling is the key?
    Turned out I have the LTD swaddle in the cupboard anyway haha. I've put that on for this sleep and no dummy. She cried. After 5 mins she was getting hysterical and my pat and shush didn't work. Gave her the dummy and she fell asleep within minutes. I just pulled the dummy out. Fingers crossed she stays asleep. She just woke up and grizzled for a minute and fell back to sleep.

I didn't go cold turkey with the dummy but I'll see if she can just use it to calm down but not to stay asleep.

If she doesn't keep waking up when dummy falls out I would have been fine.

Meanwhile I'll but the cherry dummy tomorrow as per suggestion from tamtam and BinB

She seems to be very tired still after the 6 week jab. Poor little poppet.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-01-2016),VicPark  (20-01-2016)