Hi all, I am a new mum with a 6 week old baby so need some advise please.
My baby was introduced to dummy when she was 3 days old as she was crying a lot and nurse said perhaps dummy can calm her down. It did.
She likes the dummy but didn't love it. She could use it or leave it. If we give her dummy, she will fall asleep really quickly and won't wake up when the dummy falls out.
However this started to change when she was around 4.5 weeks (coincide with a growth spurt?). She now loves the dummy. But when the dummy falls out she will wake up and cry. This could go on for 3-10 times before she goes into a deep sleep. But after a sleep cycle she might not be able to self settle if the dummy falls out.
I need help! As I'm not hating the dummy. I can't do much but just stay near her (out of sight) and be ready to put the dummy in.
- is there a gentle way to wean off the dummy?
- if I introduce a new comforter, am k creating the same issue just different object?
- is it too early to teach a 6 week old to self settle?
- is there any other way to self settle training other than CC and CIO?
- I'm not against CC or CIO but is 6 weeks old too young?
What advise can you give me please?