Social anxiety | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    This... It's amazing how the scars of school can last 20 years..
    Yeps - that's where mine are from. "Friends" that did deliberately exclude me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffer from social anxiety too which stems from bullying in school. I have recently started an online course through Mindspot. I'm finding it really good with some helpful tips and info. It's free just Google Mindspot. I hope it helps x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bc1984 For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    Yeps - that's where mine are from. "Friends" that did deliberately exclude me.
    Teenage girls can be really awful. Most women however realise that being mean to people isn't fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bc1984 View Post
    I suffer from social anxiety too which stems from bullying in school. I have recently started an online course through Mindspot. I'm finding it really good with some helpful tips and info. It's free just Google Mindspot. I hope it helps x
    I second mindspot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My anxiety is a little different, and I don't know where it comes from or how I got here, as I've had it for only a few years, I had my first therapy session a while ago, and it really is worth going, I've had stuff with the kids unexpectedly pop up so I have not been back but I'm confident that it will help.
    Exercise really does help, when I make the time to do a little yoga in the morning then go for a walk later in the day, it makes the day a whole lot easier. Take care of yourself- sounds so easy, yet we rarely do! Make time for yourself to do things that make you happy. And - breathe!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi OP, firstly I think the best thing you could do is see a therapist and the fact you are already booked in is really great. Anxiety is such a common thing these days that I think if we all spoke candidly about our feelings we would realise so many other people feel just the way we do. You can see from these other posts that you aren't alone. There is a really great website here . There are some really useful workbooks on there to help work through a lot of different struggles people face. Try not to let yourself get stuck in your cycle of negative thinking. When you notice yourself thinking 'oh I wasn't invited, they don't like me etc' try not to indulge in that thinking. Instead you can try just noticing that thought you can say to yourself 'oh there I am worrying about that stuff again, lucky I don't need to worry because I'll be able to talk to my therapist about it soon'. Hang in there, there is definitely light at the end of the anxiety tunnel