+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmrsmac View Post
    Thanks @littlerayofsunshine87! Congrats on the weightloss so far that is amazing progress I could only imagine how much better you feel..

Can I ask did you have any side effects with Metformin? My doctor has given me a prescription but I have heard some horror stories so haven't started it yet..

Tia xx

Attachment 81177
    Lol!! To that photo.

I won't lie I did have side effects to the metformin. I initially started on the standard release and found I had lots of tummy upsets. My cousin who also went on it recommended I try the slow release. So I spoke to my doc and she gave me a script for it so I changed. They recommended I take 1 500mg tablet three times a day. I'm terrible at remembering to take tablets plus I'm a shift worker so Instead I went off the Royal women's clinical practice guideline for metformin use in pcos. I take my three tablets of a night. I found this suited me way better and while I still had to deal with a bit of diarrhea it wasn't as bad. Now 5 months on I don't have any side effects at all. So I believe people when they say the symptoms settle lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littlerayofsunshine87 For This Useful Post:

sweetmrsmac  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaSolis View Post
    Hi my dr who only specializes in pcos told me ketogenic diet meat & veggies. No fruits
    I haven't tried it yet but seen so many successful stories on YouTube.
    I have been doing the Ketogenic diet for about 5 months so far and my body is absolutely loving it! I am finding it to be working much better than Metformin ever did for me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumbo For This Useful Post:

AlishaSolis  (15-05-2016),sweetmrsmac  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sweetmrsmac I've recently lost 13kgs in 9weeks working with a dietician referred from my FS.. I did optifast, and making myself more accountable to be active 10,000 steps a day. It was much easier than I expected in the end. It's a very low carb diet but I know that works well for me and my PCOS...

I'm also on metformin but 750mg and take it at night only before bed.. It's been much better to manage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many pounds have you lost? Any good recipes you recommend? My doctor told me if I want to have kids I really need to drop the weight to even ovulate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AlishaSolis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaSolis View Post
    How many pounds have you lost? Any good recipes you recommend? My doctor told me if I want to have kids I really need to drop the weight to even ovulate.
    So far I have lost 17kg (about 38 pounds) and last month I had my first normal cycle ever - perfect 28 day cycle with confirmed ovulation. Up until recently my cycles were averaging at 5 months apart for over a decade and I was never ovulating, and now I am in my 3rd cycle in only 5 months of Keto so I highly recommend it.

I get a lot of my Keto recipes from cavemanketo and also ruled.me, but I also browse the ketorecipes page on Reddit, and also just search on youtube for a lot of ideas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo For This Useful Post:

sweetmrsmac  (17-05-2016)